Will a 95 xr600r gas tank work on a 94 xr650l

I have a chance to get a aftermarket 4.3 gal plastic tank for a 95 xr600. I was wondering if the tank mounts were the same For a 94 xr650l or if it would work at all?

No,,won't work..How much can you get it for and can you ship it to NZ???,,what type and colour is it ..Be something in it for yourself if it's what I'm after..Missed out on an IMS clear the other day on Ebay,,I shoulda gone higher in the bidding but the freight was a killer to down here..

I don't mind slightly rough condition so long as it's white or clear..scratches and fading/oxidised look don't concern me..within reason with the scratching..

Edited by Horri

Yeah,,it's cheap enough,,Shame about the colour..I'll hopefully get lucky sometime and find a white/clear one..Thanks for the link.

They're $250.00 odd new on Ebay, plus with freight and the exchange rate she gets a little over the top..comes out to something like 400 NZ,,find it hard to justify that for a gas tank..You don't tend to see too many used on Ebay,,fact is I've noticed a lot of used stuff seems to have disappeared from there,,seems mostly new which I'm never really interested in..New you don't get bargains..

Thinking about a bid on these shortly,,the stuffed damper rod has me holding off a little..Not to sure whether an engineer could sort it or not..If that's the case you sorta have to ask yourself why he didn't fix them..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/suspension/auction-642886840.htm

His "you can pick them up for $20.00 on Ebay",,rings a bit hollow..I've been looking,,seen nothing..the rods a ridiculous price new as it seems is everything with CRF in its name..

Oh well,,couldn't resist them..I'll hopefully be able to fix the damper rod somehow..

Edited by Horri

Looks like a IMS and yes it will fit will have to get XR600 petcock and you can make your supports to the front of tank to tabs on downtube.

Yeah,,it's cheap enough,,Shame about the colour..I'll hopefully get lucky sometime and find a white/clear one..Thanks for the link.

They're $250.00 odd new on Ebay, plus with freight and the exchange rate she gets a little over the top..comes out to something like 400 NZ,,find it hard to justify that for a gas tank..You don't tend to see too many used on Ebay,,fact is I've noticed a lot of used stuff seems to have disappeared from there,,seems mostly new which I'm never really interested in..New you don't get bargains..

Thinking about a bid on these shortly,,the stuffed damper rod has me holding off a little..Not to sure whether an engineer could sort it or not..If that's the case you sorta have to ask yourself why he didn't fix them..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/suspension/auction-642886840.htm

His "you can pick them up for $20.00 on Ebay",,rings a bit hollow..I've been looking,,seen nothing..the rods a ridiculous price new as it seems is everything with CRF in its name..

Oh well,,couldn't resist them..I'll hopefully be able to fix the damper rod somehow..

Plus in En Zed, if you get something called a gas tank, every time you turned around someone would have filled it with LPG. 

Plus in En Zed, if you get something called a gas tank, every time you turned around someone would have filled it with LPG. 

Was popular fuel in cars for a while,,not so much anymore..though with the price of petrol down here you'd have to start wondering when it'll make a comeback..Goes well in the barbie or heaters these days..

and their you go so the 650 tank works on 600s,,learnt something new today.

Edited by Horri

So I'm going to buy it and see how it fits it's cheap enough so it's worth the 50 and I don't care about the color so much as I do the extend mileage. I talked to him and he's going to hold it so the posting is no longer valid and I need to get on my pc and take the posting down

Oh I will post some pics for you curious pic loving folks

Was popular fuel in cars for a while,,not so much anymore..though with the price of petrol down here you'd have to start wondering when it'll make a comeback..Goes well in the barbie or heaters these days..

and their you go so the 650 tank works on 600s,,learnt something new today.

Only the aftermarket tank because they have both mounts molded in on them. IMS has two differnt numbers because the the petcock mount is molded in. On Clarke they just have a adapter for the 650 petcock. I is allways best to go ahead a get XR600 one and use 600 petcock less chance of leaking at tank and is smaller so no head clearance problems and yes it hss res

So I'm going to buy it and see how it fits it's cheap enough so it's worth the 50 and I don't care about the color so much as I do the extend mileage. I talked to him and he's going to hold it so the posting is no longer valid and I need to get on my pc and take the posting down

If it is IMS XR600 tank and I think it is you will need a 600 petcock that is the only thing different on tanks and its a better petcock anyway no head clearance problems. You will see a place for a bolt on inside front both sides thats for two flat peices of metal that go to the mount on downtube where wings was to help stablize tank easy to make.