Sign in to follow this  

namura piston kits ? anyone

My brother is on his second namura in his KX 125 and has had good results. The first one had at least 80 hrs or so on it. He put another in this winter and has been riding every weekend this year. They have been cheap and effective for him, with that said when I do my top end I'll be using Vertex...

Edited by poldies4

My brother is on his second namura in his KX 125 and has had good results. The first one had at least 80 hrs or so on it. He put another in this winter and has been riding every weekend this year. They have been cheap and effective for him, with that said when I do my top end I'll be using Vertex...

yeah i have a vertex on my bike right now its a great piston but i was thinking of trying something new their website looks pretty good

Why change from a reliable Vertex ??  Just wondering ?? :blink:

From their website " you need a reliable product that won’t break the bank. More for less; that’s how its been and that’s how it always will be, its what you can expect from us "

If this equates to "made in China" ... then NO THANKS :thumbsup:  ....   Not sure where these pistons are manufactured ? 

I won't buy a Chinese made bike for the same reason I won't buy a Chinese made piston (if Namura is in fact Chinese) :ride:

Having said that, in a year or less, KTM will be company with majority ownership in INDIA (not Austria), so who knows what fine quality products that will bring (said with sarcasm  :cry: ) ... maybe some amazing moped options?

Edited by supervokes

namura is taiwan. youve been warned

Ha ha. They have worked GREAT for me on trail riding adventures. Never ever a problem. No Explody as some have professed. Purchased four now. Lovely product. :thumbsup:

Taiwan is not China quality wise. :blah:

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 1

Ha ha. They have worked GREAT for me on trail riding adventures. Never ever a problem. No Explody as some have professed. Purchased four now. Lovely product. :thumbsup:

Taiwan is not China quality wise. :blah:

what kind of bike you have

a two stroke 250. Why is there a perceived difference between brands for cylinder quality?

Because it can explain how much you care about your bike and the type of rider you are. I wouldn't recommend one onless your a slower rider, trail rider, or working on an old bike. I know I wouldn't want a failure on my 6k bike that could cost a 500-1000 dollars worth of damage

I run namura in my cr250 .60 hours on first and my current namura has 30 hours.I lug my bike alot so its okay piston for trails and stuff but id stick with the vertex if you are on the pipe all day.

Because it can explain how much you care about your bike and the type of rider you are. I wouldn't recommend one onless your a slower rider, trail rider, or working on an old bike. I know I wouldn't want a failure on my 6k bike that could cost a 500-1000 dollars worth of damage

Conversely, if your bike is only worth $1000 and you often worry that your bike may explode you might actually care more for your bike than those with newer model machines.

Edited by shrubitup

If you choose to buy one don't buy from kimbajoe. Read his neutral and negative feedback. He is extremely difficult to deal with if you have a problem. A couple of months back not a nice person to deal with if you have problems.