Sign in to follow this  

Goggles

My old goggles finally had the last of it at my last race. Looking to buy some new one's an was thinking either Fox Airspc goggles or some Oakleys.

What are your guys' opinions?

Edited by DirtRider500R

My old goggles finally had the last of it at my last race. Looking to buy some new one's an was thinking either Fox Airspc goggles or some Oakleys.

What are your guys' opinions.

I run Thor enemy goggles . I love them.

Scotts No Sweats are the best I've had.  Comfortable, durable, and they help prevent your lenses from fogging or being splashed with sweat. 

But take off the little rubber piece attached to the nose if it's an issue, it prevents the goggles from fitting in the helmet properly on my face.

Can't go wrong with Oakleys. I would also check out 100% goggles, they are great goggles and are priced quite reasonably.

• Like 1

I would also check out 100% goggles, they are great goggles and are priced quite reasonably.

I was just at the local bike shop and checking those out. They're priced quite similarly to the Airspcs. My options at the shop are 100% and Airspcs. Gonna look into the both of them a bit more, as well as the Oakleys.

I really like running my Oakley crowbars. Very comfortable and Oakley lens clarity will always come out on top above others.

What ever my local shop has on sale that week. Man that is sad. I'll drop 200 beans on ski goggles but dirt bike goggles....I'm such a cheap bastage.

Just ordered the 2014 100% racecrafts with a roll off system, can't wait to use em.

Just wait till you need glasses, then the goggle choices become critical!!! I have a pair of Scott OTG, and they suck!!!!! Never again will I buy Scott. Overpriced junk imo! These things fell, apart, and disintegrated like no other goggle I have ever owned, including cheap crap. I used to wear EKS. LOVED them!!! But all the pairs I have don't fit very well over my glasses, and nobody carries them in this area anymore. Shame. I have a pair of Oakleys right now. They were free, so how could I not try them? They're pretty good!

Those look really nice. What exactly is the roll off system?

Instead of tear offs, it has 2 canisters on either side of the lens that hold a roll of film that rolls across your lens when you tug on the pull string. I'm used to spending a dollar a piece on laminated tear-offs for my Oakley's, these are more affordable at $2 per roll. A roll lasts around 20-30 pulls.

Instead of tear offs, it has 2 canisters on either side of the lens that hold a roll of film that rolls across your lens when you tug on the pull string. I'm used to spending a dollar a piece on laminated tear-offs for my Oakley's, these are more affordable at $2 per roll. A roll lasts around 20-30 pulls.

Ah! Okay. I think I'll look into those as well. Are they any easier to use than regular tear-offs?

Ah! Okay. I think I'll look into those as well. Are they any easier to use than regular tear-offs?

I've never used them before. Once you learn where the knob for the string is at I would imagine they are as easy as tear offs. But keep in mind they do not clear the entire lens. The film is only around an inch wide

I have tons of goggles, tried many brands and each has their ups and downs. I went to my parents house then to the track. I ended up leaving my goggles at my house so I had to scrounge up some in the trailer. All I had was a set of the old Smith Warp goggles. They were scratched but useable. At the track I was looking at a few goggles and was kind of set on getting some new Oakleys. I always loved my Oakleys so why not upgrade. I then looked at the new Fox Airspec. I wasn't sold by the claims bigger viewing area, more ventilation, etc. I asked my wife and she said to try the Fox. It's cheaper than the Oakleys and they look cool. They really are an amazing goggle. You will totally notice the extra 10-20% viewing area. You hardly see the frame when wearing them. They give you the full picture. The day I bought these was also warm. I could actually feel the air flowing in the goggles. It was great. They are one of the best sets of goggles I ever purchased.

There is one down side though, the little piece on the strap for the tear offs is crappy. I am surprised I haven't lost it yet.