Zeta Skidplate

Has anyone ever installed a zeta skidplate on the drz400s

I just recieved one with no instructions.

I first removed the factory small skidplate and tried mounting it up and the spacer I recieved didn't seem to work out.

Next I put the factory plate back on then used spacers between the old and new plates and still it's just not right.

I recieved 3 allen head bolts and one longer 8mm head bolt and 3 spacer one thickness and one a little thinner.

I don't like rigging stuff

Bolts right on. Use the allen head bolts on the underside and the hex on the front. The tall spacer goes with the hex head bolt, the thinner 2 spacers go on the middle two allen bolts, and the rear-most screw doesn't use one. If I recall correctly.

Edited by SquadraCorse

Ok that's how arranges the bolts but I must have recieved the wrong spacers? Not even close in length especially for the front or hex head as you refer to.

Did you remove the stock skid plate?

Ok that's how arranges the bolts but I must have recieved the wrong spacers? Not even close in length especially for the front or hex head as you refer to.

Did you remove the stock skid plate?

I highly doubt you got the wrong spacers. You remove the stock skid plate.

OK I'm gonna double check again with the factory skid plate removed.

With a little instructions in the plate I'm sure I could of bolted it right up :banghead:

Just got one.  Same deal.  Three long spacers, one small one.  The three long spacers make sense under the belly leaving equal spacing underneath, but the small spacer doesn't make sense in any position.   Not sure about everyone else's, but my 2013 400S needs a longer spacer for the front bolt than any in the kit.  Going to have to make one from washers.  

I guess I should have read this post first, because I just ordered the Zeta ED Skid plate and came across the same exact problem

See below pics

2018-04-28_11-09-46.gif

2018-04-28_11-05-08.gif

2018-04-28_11-02-14.gif

2018-04-28_10-58-10.gif