Tires!

I have been searching and a couple threads say you can get the shinko 244's for under 100 per set? where is this? Im looking all over the internet and can't find this deal anywhere. Im looking for a set of tires for me 2013 sm where I can ride the street 85% and trail ride the other 15%. If someone could post a link to either the shinko 244 or the shinko 705? (I think) I would appreciate it thanks.

I have been searching and a couple threads say you can get the shinko 244's for under 100 per set? where is this? Im looking all over the internet and can't find this deal anywhere. Im looking for a set of tires for me 2013 sm where I can ride the street 85% and trail ride the other 15%. If someone could post a link to either the shinko 244 or the shinko 705? (I think) I would appreciate it thanks.

those are two very different animals. the shinko 244 is a true dualsport tire. good on road manners, good on road profile, better off road than on. watch out for slick spots/mud though. 

the 705 is a street oriented tire, with wide slabs of rubber and good profiles for street cornering. it will not be as nice an experience off road, especially if there is any loose material or slick mud involved. 

what you're looking for may cost more in the SM sizes, 4.5 or 5.5, or whatever size is recommended. the 21/18" combo i used to get from motorcyclesuperstore for around $120 shipped. 

those are two very different animals. the shinko 244 is a true dualsport tire. good on road manners, good on road profile, better off road than on. watch out for slick spots/mud though. 

the 705 is a street oriented tire, with wide slabs of rubber and good profiles for street cornering. it will not be as nice an experience off road, especially if there is any loose material or slick mud involved. 

what you're looking for may cost more in the SM sizes, 4.5 or 5.5, or whatever size is recommended. the 21/18" combo i used to get from motorcyclesuperstore for around $120 shipped. 

I want to do a 5.10-17 on the rear, and I dont know what to put on the front...is the 3.00-17 going to be too narrow? I ride like 90% street 10% dirt. 

If I recall, I got my Shinko 244's off of bikebandit.com however after looking they have gone up in price a little bit. I got the 5.1x17 rear and 4.6x17 front. At the time it was ~$100 shipped to my door. Now, it is around $120 but still a good price.

yeah, I think thats what im going to go with, how do you like them? how many miles have you got on them? I only got 3000 out of my stock dunflops

thanks for the input.

I have like 7-8K on the rear and still have losts of life left. The front is going to last longer than the bike I think. When these do die, I will replace them with another set. I ride mostly to work and back usually taking it easy. I love these tires.

I just bought the Shinko 244 5.10 and 4.60 a couple weeks ago for my DRZ400SM. I haven't put them on yet because I've been back and forth on whether I'm ready to pursue dirt or if I should sell these and stick with twisties/track which I've missed for the last few months. I've been in the dirt once which was fun but still a little intimidating. Here's a comparison with the discontinued DOT knobbies that are still on there. The Shinko 244 has surprisingly pretty good sizeable knobs.

20130919_161814_zpsf6fec9d0.jpg

Edited by dave...