Sign in to follow this  

2012 250f steel clutch basket or FWW?

So I have a 12 250f and I am pretty happy with it most if the time but I have rode a few bike recently with smoother power. any ways what I am asking is can you buy a fly wheel weight for a 12? Sthealy only list one for older models and I think I have read where you can change out cranks for a small gain but this one has low hours and I don't want to do that. so does any one know of a steel clutch basket I could use as that will have the same affect I think. I came off a 450 before this and 250 2t before that so it's not like it has to much power I just want to smooth it out. I am almost ready to sell it and go back to a 2t but I want to try some things on this bike first. I am 5'9" 165 mid b level off-road I would say. mostly stock bike FMF power core4 slip on and Tokyo mods remap for bottom end. Thanks

Also I have done the Rekluse thing and they make quality products I had a z-start pro and a core exp but I don't want to go that route with this bike and I also rode with the stock 48 tooth for a long time but have found I like the 51 I have on now better

I was about to suggest a re-map to delay the initial hit and transition better into the mid-range, but then I read your last sentence.  I think DRZAdam could probably help you a lot if you can find him.  Also, have you considered maybe dropping a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket to give you a little more spread and less torque?  Never mind, I just read your next post.  Kawi does sell heavier flywheels for that bike.  I think Josh did the research on what the weight differentials were.  I do not know of any aftermarket weights for it.  

I was about to suggest a re-map to delay the initial hit and transition better into the mid-range, but then I read your last sentence. I think DRZAdam could probably help you a lot if you can find him. Also, have you considered maybe dropping a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket to give you a little more spread and less torque? Never mind, I just read your next post. Kawi does sell heavier flywheels for that bike. I think Josh did the research on what the weight differentials were. I do not know of any aftermarket weights for it.

Ya I have tried adjusting the mapping and gearing and I am pretty happy with both if those now I just want to add a little weight and hoping there is a way other than changing the crank to a heavier one. If that is the only option I will pro my just deal with it the way it is

Kawasaki do sell heavier flywheel but nothing too drastic. The stock one is I=8, idk the weight on it but i do know I know that the I=9.5 is 21.4oz and the I=9 is 20.3oz so the stock one is prob no less the 18.5oz.