18" trials tire at a standard 19" rim => possible?

hey

do you think that it´s possible to put a 18" trials tire at the standard rear rim of a yz 250 ?

greets

Dani

no

maybe, but good luck taking it off haha

I tried to put an 18" tubeless set onto my 19" rim and it did not work, went even to a tire service to put it on and no way. 

No harm done to anything but now I have a tubeless 18" set here till I find someone buying it that is. 

There I s a good reason they make 19" tires for 19" rims, and 18" tires fir 18" rims. You'll never stretch it to fit, the bead wire will break first.

What the hell, try it, if your sucessfull, post a vid. I want to see that ! :D

"There is nothing in this world that brute force and stupidity can't overcome!"  :banghead:

Might be easier to get a 19" trials tire?

Might be easier to get a 19" trials tire?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

The vee rubber is supposibly decent. Very tall though, as they tried to keep as much sidewall as possible

I've used the vee rubber 19" trials tire on my trip to Moab last spring. It worked pretty decently!!! It works quite well as a trials tire, and isn't overly squirmy like a normal 18" trials tire on asphalt. It's pretty good!!!!

Somewhere in the depths of thumpertalk theres a user that tried both the Shinko and Vee Rubber 19" trials tires. If I remember correctly therw was no comparison, the Shinko was too stiff a tire ans hard a compound to be called a trials tire. Sort of like that "Speedway" tire I bought years back when guys claimed they workes like a trials tire

I once saw a guy put a 20" tractor trailer tire on a 22" rim. It took him a few hours, some 4 foot long bars, and a lot of hammering. Then someone pointed out the size difference... He was not able to get it back off and ended up cutting the tire off of the rim. I guess there is a chance it is possible, but I think there is a larger chance you would destroy the tire trying. It would be a struggle at the very least, and probably would not perform correctly if you did get it on without ripping the sidewall.

Edited by KJ790

Will pay money to see this!

Don't listen to anyone, I'm sure you're quite capable of putting an 18" tire on a 19" rim. Once you succeed at that, please post post a video or at least pictures of your accomplishment. :thumbsup:

i don´t ask because i´m a fool, i ask because i get the trials tires for free and wanted to try it

i don´t ask because i´m a fool, i ask because i get the trials tires for free and wanted to try it

Sell it and buy a 19inch trials tire.

Sell it and buy a 19inch trials tire.

How about just sell your 19" wheel and buy a uesd 18"?

How about just sell your 19" wheel and buy a uesd 18"?

Good plan, I go back and forth between an 18 and 19 on my YZ125 and 250.