Stonyford Closed-Federal shutdown

California

Just got a call from a rider who planned to camp/ride, at Stonyford, today. 

He was told to leave Davis Flat, due to the government shutdown.

They locked the dumpsters and restrooms. 

LEO's would be coming thru soon to cite campers...

Matt Piper told him he could park up the road?  But he could not camp/stage in areas with facilities.  Like restrooms, staging areas...Wolf Creek, Davis Flat, Little Stony...

What a joke....

Just got a call from a rider who planned to camp/ride, at Stonyford, today. 

He was told to leave Davis Flat, due to the government shutdown.

They locked the dumpsters and restrooms. 

LEO's would be coming thru soon to cite campers...

Matt Piper told him he could park up the road?  But he could not camp/stage in areas with facilities.  Like restrooms, staging areas...Wolf Creek, Davis Flat, Little Stony...

That's our government.... This is sure to turn things around. I cant imagine how many dollars are spent managing those restrooms......Bet those LEOs are all too happy to write some campers tickets, after all they are hardened criminals breaking the law  !!!!!

That's our government.... This is sure to turn things around. I cant imagine how many dollars are spent managing those restrooms......Bet those LEOs are all too happy to write some campers tickets, after all they are hardened criminals breaking the law  !!!!!

This is more reason that states should control their own forests, not the federal government.  But in Cali that would be a big problem because the bureaucrat liberals can't figure out how government spending is inversely proportional to economic productivity.

You highlight a good point, that we case hardened criminals on dirty dirt bikes who love polluting Mother Earth are real sneaky sons of b!tches.. gotta get all them dirt bikers possible. 

So does that mean there wouldn't be any rangers working the trail system. :thinking:

So does that mean there wouldn't be any rangers working the trail system. :thinking:

how long is this posturing government shutdown bs supposed to last? I dont have cable so the only news I get is from TT or howard stern.

how long is this posturing government shutdown bs supposed to last? I dont have cable so the only news I get is from TT or howard stern.

I heard the 18th of this month....  However I couldn't care less personally as I have pretty much all but given up on the "system".

I mean our country goes on "shut down" and within 8 hrs they rush out and throw locks on bathrooms and dumpsters which by the way we the tax payer own !!!!

Yosemite single track now open..... just sayin.

So does that mean all of the limo's and spiffs and perks our esteemed elected officials use and abuse are also on hold?? 

Sure, punish the taxpayer for the piss poor job the government is doing with the budget....let's see, we took in $12 and we are going to spend $96 of those dollars.....and next year we'll spend $110 more of that $12!!  Simple math, they all learned it in elementary school, but they were better at math than any of us....

Interesting how the shutdown only affected the facilities....plenty of funds for law enforcement/cites, though.

Ride your bike up and back to Half Dome, screw walking, that takes too long!!

Interesting how the shutdown only affected the facilities....plenty of funds for law enforcement/cites, though.

Exactly.  Priorities.  Punish the taxpayers if they won't pony up for higher taxes.

PCT open to motorized :prof:

:smirk:

I'd love to do it, border to border on my dirt bike

Ride your bike up and back to Half Dome, screw walking, that takes too long!!

Now THAT'S worth taking a mid week day off for!!

Now THAT'S worth taking a mid week day off for!!

And no dust!!  A double bonus!!

Redwoods is closer for me. :smirk:

When did it close?

good for nothing federalies.Its time to go riding on our land.

So we can ride there, just not camp there? Bathrooms??? Who needs bathrooms? Much more sanitary for your ass to sh it on the buck brush anyway than use those one way poop chutes straight to turd hell..... Those things are nasty.

You know, one very important question that should always be asked of ANY government official before being elected is...."can you balance your own check book?"

they would have to know what a check book actually was.