Sign in to follow this  

Evs r-8 pro knee braces?

Evs r-8 pro knee braces seem a little good to be true... They are about half the price of every thing else! Why? Just weight? Or quality? Or nothing?! What's the scoop? I'm 14 and have a kx 250f.

It's not a bad brace but it's not a $700 pair of braces either. You get what you pay for. I ride with'em and they work well. However if I had the scratch,I'd upgrade.

It's not a bad brace but it's not a $700 pair of braces either. You get what you pay for. I ride with'em and they work well. However if I had the scratch,I'd upgrade.

thanks! So why would u upgrade? Protection? Comfort?

Me too, I have just noticed these braces.
I wonder if they are worth buying and give some protection against knee twist, meniscus damage etc. (compared to regular knee guards like Thor Force and similar stuff) .

Buckles are crap but they do offer decent protection. Jake has had them for about a year and a half and have gone through about 5 plastic buckles.

Buckles are crap but they do offer decent protection. Jake has had them for about a year and a half and have gone through about 5 plastic buckles.

I have inspected the buckles on photos, it seems that it is possible to replace them with simple velcro straps on the buckle's side.

I have a pair and love them. I came from Asterisk ones and honestly like the RS8's better. I have had almost 2 seasons of at least 2 rides almost every week and nothing has broke. if you take your time putting them on and taking off I don't see how they break other than some weird crash scenario. Great comfort, great protection, and not bulky. Everything you want from a knee brace for a fraction of the cost! RS8 has got to be one of the best values for a rider/racer period.