Sign in to follow this  

To drill... or not to drill on a new piston

I've done a few top ends and haven't drilled holes in them for lubrication. I have for some others. Haven't really noticed a difference, although most of the top ends I have done are still running in their respective bikes...

Considering it for my 03 so the bridge gets oiled properly. It was cracked this last time when I sent the jug in.

I think you got all the info you need. You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right so, drill or don't. You could RTFI from the manufacturer too.

I called wossner and they told me not to drill their piston and if it needed drilled they would have done it at the factory. I know that wiseco comes with instructions to drill and most people said drill forged so I called wossner direct and do not drill was the answer I recieved. Hopefully she lasts or I will be livid.

Ok frdbtr and Camp are correct to drill the forged even wossner. I called and talked to wossner again after posting because ibhad another question to ask. So the answer I received from the guy who was more knowledgeable about motorcycle pistons said put 2 holes in the piston if the bridge has not been relieved. If the bridge has been relieved then it should be ok without bit it would not hurt to do so. So I stand corrected and for me makes sense to drill hokes and sorry for any confusion.