Sign in to follow this  

Need a new pickup

My 07 silverado just isn't doing it anymore. It's got 217,4xx miles on it now.ive had her for 4 years and when I got it it had some were around 90k on it. But it's starting to burn oil, so I'm gonna do a tune up and check everything over and sell it! What should I ask for it? It's stick except a K an N cold air intake, has rock crawler wheels with fresh all season tires , 4x4 works well, not any rust and no tears or stains in the interior, has a tow package and a. 3inch body lift ( came on it when I bought it) also has a brush guard up front. It's dark blue with jet black trim. The thing looks real sharp and runs pretty good. I replaced the rear bumper and bed two years ago because some jack ass rear ended me and just completely crunched it up. So what do I ask for it?

Also what kind of truck do I look for now ? I want a chevy, it needs to be able to tow. Any and all input is appreciated.

Get a used  HD Duramax with an Allison.

If it was me, I would get that or a Dodge 5.9 Cummins with a stick.

Pretty bulletproof and over 20 MPG unloaded.

Edited by dezracerE
  • Like 1

Get a used  HD Duramax with an Allison.

If it was me, I would get that or a Dodge 5.9 Cummins with a stick.

Pretty bulletproof and over 20 MPG unloaded.

Yep. Those would be my first two choices. (In that order).

You guys are recommending a Dodge truck?? HAHA! If you look at anything other than a Toyota, you will be sorry. I said it here. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm sure the backlash from my Toyota recommendation will cause all sorts of hateful comebacks but you are all wrong, period. I wouldn't spend a dime on ANY truck designed in the US at this point. My best friend bought a brand new F-150 with the Ecoboost V-6. It has 365HP and runs like a bat out of hell. He had to take it to the dealer today because his transmission failed at 29,000 miles! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep fooling yourselves into believing American-made trucks are worth a shit.

Also what kind of truck do I look for now ? I want a chevy, it needs to be able to tow. Any and all input is appreciated.

I think you should buy this... :thumbsup:

1259039.jpg

• Like 1

Yep. Those would be my first two choices. (In that order).

I think you should buy this... :thumbsup:

1259039.jpg

My brother had one of those back in the day. (65 short stepside)

Converted it to 4wd.

He spent about a month pounding out one fender dent. You know what they say about old Chevy's.

You guys are recommending a Dodge truck?? HAHA! If you look at anything other than a Toyota, you will be sorry. I said it here. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm sure the backlash from my Toyota recommendation will cause all sorts of hateful comebacks but you are all wrong, period. I wouldn't spend a dime on ANY truck designed in the US at this point. My best friend bought a brand new F-150 with the Ecoboost V-6. It has 365HP and runs like a bat out of hell. He had to take it to the dealer today because his transmission failed at 29,000 miles! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too many friends with too many D-max trucks with 250k+ hard miles to agree with that statement. Some of the new "yotas" are having some issues that you wouldn't have seen on them a decade back. The Dodge recommendation was only for diesel-powered trucks.  

I've had/have:

2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO 4x4

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4

2010 Chevy 2500 Duramax

1997 XJ

1979 IH Scout

I say RUN from any Chrysler auto.  RUN.  Mine left me stranded in the woods at 10k miles.  The Duramax has 25k on it and has been faultless, despite being mildly lifted, tuned and deleted and hot rodded, almost from day one.  The Nissan has about 80k on it and is now a full custom build (long travel F/R, everything new from frame down) and is bullet proof.  I'm selling it ONLY because I need more space.  I love that truck.  Replaced it with a (now) built XJ.  

Only one I've gotten rid of is the Ram.  That aught to say something. 

Edited by freebird_78

Too many friends with too many D-max trucks with 250k+ hard miles to agree with that statement. Some of the new "yotas" are having some issues that you wouldn't have seen on them a decade back. The Dodge recommendation was only for diesel-powered trucks.  

I guess if you need the towing power of a diesel, you have no choice but to go American. I've had over 30 years to learn to hate American-made cars/trucks so maybe I'm tainted? HA! I said taint!

I guess if you need the towing power of a diesel, you have no choice but to go American. I've had over 30 years to learn to hate American-made cars/trucks so maybe I'm tainted? HA! I said taint!

Nope.  The 2014 Titan is coming with a 5.0L Cummins.  

My brother had one of those back in the day. (65 short stepside)

Converted it to 4wd.

He spent about a month pounding out one fender dent. You know what they say about old Chevy's.

Funny that this pic is here. We have a '63 long bed Chevy with a new GM crate engine and turbo 350 trans in those EXACT colors for sale right now.

I don't know about the 2010+ 150's, but we have four '99 to '05's with 250/300k on each with only a couple of transmissions and not much else for the whole lot. 'Taint bad in my book  

Edited by greenguy500

I don't know about the 2010+ 150's, but we have four '99 to '05's with 250/300k on each with only a couple of transmissions and not much else for the whole lot. 'Taint bad in my book  

I really liked my buddy's truck and thought about buying one until today. I drive a 12 year old Toyota Tacoma and have NEVER had a single issue with it. That speaks volumes IMO. Again, if I needed something that can tow 10,000lbs, I'd probably look at Ford. Just my opinion and not a very educated one when it comes to trucks and vehicles as a whole.

Nope.  The 2014 Titan is coming with a 5.0L Cummins.  

Well that's great news indeed!

I considered the Toyota, I had a 94 Tacoma as my first vehicle and lived it. The frame rusted threw and I junked it. I need the towing power and want a full axed truck so the Tacoma is out(although I love the looks of the newer ones). I'm looking at a 2013. Chevy 2500hd. That or another silverado.

Why not a tundra? Have a 5.7 and it tows two jeeps quite well...

I considered the Toyota, I had a 94 Tacoma as my first vehicle and lived it. The frame rusted threw and I junked it. I need the towing power and want a full axed truck so the Tacoma is out(although I love the looks of the newer ones). I'm looking at a 2013. Chevy 2500hd. That or another silverado.

I was talking about the Tundra.

Go with the duramax. They have a lot of aftermarket parts to make them look sharp plus they are reliable.