Sign in to follow this  

Brake Pads

I am looking for a brake pad that will work very well at the track but does not suck on the street as the bike does double duty.

I was thinking the EBC extreme pro but not sure how they would be on the street not up to race temp.

What do you guys think? Is there a better choice?

I already added Speigler brake lines and the brakes still leave a lot to be desired.

Thanks

I am looking for a brake pad that will work very well at the track but does not suck on the street as the bike does double duty.

I was thinking the EBC extreme pro but not sure how they would be on the street not up to race temp.

What do you guys think? Is there a better choice?

I already added Speigler brake lines and the brakes still leave a lot to be desired.

Thanks

I can't speak for MC specific pads, but I did plenty of track days in my BMW M3.  Once my pace picked up, the stock pads would fade and wear like nobodies business.  I eventually gave up on "high-performance" pads and went to strict race pads that I would swap in before events.  I didn't take long, maybe 30 minutes while I was inspecting my car and on the bike I would image no longer than 5-10 minutes (remove 1 bolt, slide pads out, slide new pads in, tighten bolt).

Problem is with the higher-coefficient track/race pads (greater fade resistance, stopping ability, longer wearing) is that they suck on the street because they need a lot of heat to work well.  So they don't stop well and wear your rotor like crazy.

Just buy another set of pads and swap them in and out.... that's my advice.

I haven't personally run the ebc pro's but I have 2 close friends who use them on their street bikes and love them. I was thinking about getting some for my sm too.  I've run other race pads on the street  before without any issues.

Edited by lakeportmike
  • Like 1

I am going to go with the extream pro's and see how it goes. I can always go back to stock.

DP (Dunlopad) SDP pads are excellent

No fade

No brake pad dust

Kind the discs

Wear well

enuff said

Can't got wrong with oem pads. And I mean it. A great pad for alan it anything. Track, DS, or street duty.

whos Alan?

Beats me? But I hate auto correct.

so does Alan...

This is why you do not drink and post. Drunk posting is a serious offense but makes for interesting chat.

• Like 3