Yz 250 trail

Who has a yz250 for trail riding? How does it do? I'd mainly be riding atv trails. I would get a light kit, skid plate, bark busters, heavier fly wheel, larger gas tank, and recluse clutch. Also, does anyone know of an e start for this bike?

They make great trail bikes. I've heard of e start but it's not commom. These bikes startup really easily evwn if you drop it. They're not like thumphers where if you fall, your bike wont start for a while. Also look into big bore kits for the bike. You can get it ported by eric gorr to have low/mid end power.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1380670004.569340.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1380670025.474343.jpg all that u mentioned its on the bike n runs awesome on the trail, kick start awesome.

I know they kick start easy, but I'm kinda short(5'5), and if I fall near the end, it gets kind if tiring

Mines strictly trailswoods only. Does excellent! Just have to set it up to your liking. Ive got a clarke 3.3 tank. 11oz fww. Fmf sst pipe. Suspension revalve is next on the list and possible lighting kit.

1380673270779.jpg

As far as u being on the smaller side.....cut the seat foam down a little and have ur suspension shortened. W.E.R. can do it. They lowered my buddys husky wr300 and 1.5 inches for him. Made a big diff.

As far as u being on the smaller side.....cut the seat foam down a little and have ur suspension shortened. W.E.R. can do it. They lowered my buddys husky wr300 and 1.5 inches for him. Made a big diff.

+1 on that. You could also look into a 230f trail bike if you're jhst doing light, casual trails.

I'm fine riding a full size bike, currently ride a cr125. Forgot to add this to list of things id be doing, but I'd also put some sort of GPS system on it. How would that work out? Does the bike need to have a battery?

Im 5'6" and have a 2006 yz250  I take it on trails all the time, only thing I have done is to have the seat cut down.  

Depends on your GPS. Some have enough internal battery life to be used all day, and then re-charged at night for the next days trip.