Sign in to follow this  

MOTOCROSS SCHOOLS?

Hi, I am 13 years old and have been doing motocross for about a month now. I have a 2000 cr125. I am looking into some motocross schools to give me a good motocross base. I live in little rock arkansas. Are there any suggestions for motocross schools? Thanks!

-Kenneth Carper

I would do a local school first. It will help. As suggested the pro schools are great but expensive. Plus you may want to get a good start before you she'll out the dough.

A few things to keep an eye on: body positioning, bike setup, and staying loose. Keep the shoulders and elbows up, and keep looking forward. Whatever you do, don't look down. Focus way ahead, if your looking down you won't have time to react. Also, you will go where you look. If you see something in the track don't look at it. If you do, you will likely go there.

Oh and try to ride with faster riders. It will keep you improving. You don't want to be the fastest guy at practice since your not going to learn from anyone. Riding with faster riders will get you riding faster.

Oh and try to ride with faster riders. It will keep you improving. You don't want to be the fastest guy at practice since your not going to learn from anyone. Riding with faster riders will get you riding faster.

Thanks for the response! I am looking into gary semics school, and will ask my local tracks for some more details.

Gary semics also sells DVDs that helped a ton with my speed and confidence. A bit pricey if you wanted to get em all, but well worth it.

Gary semics also sells DVDs that helped a ton with my speed and confidence. A bit pricey if you wanted to get em all, but well worth it.

That's been something I've been meaning to do for a while -buying the DVDs-. You can also build some circle ruts and similar things (if possible) to help with turns and technique.

The videos are only good if you actually use the info you got. It's hard if your not actually on the bike. Another thing I was required to do when I was in a small local class was to do circles. Do slow tight as possible circles. Then figure eights. It's like getting your motorcycle license. Your balance will feel off from going slow and you won't have momentum to save you.

Hi, I am 13 years old and have been doing motocross for about a month now. I have a 2000 cr125. I am looking into some motocross schools to give me a good motocross base. I live in little rock arkansas. Are there any suggestions for motocross schools? Thanks!

-Kenneth Carper

Check out www.midsouthmx.com....somene's always have a MX school on there. Jansin McCoy 9032172369 is holding some of those now. Go to http://www.dirtbikemike.com/motocrossschool.htm Mike has MX schools all over the state of AR.