GoPro's new HERO3+

Hope you didn't just buy a Hero 3 because it looks like GoPro is launching a new version already HERO3+. I do like the sounds of the new mounts. 

GoPro Link

Thanks for the heads up! Was just looking to grab a H3 myself.

I know. I bought a hero 3 silver but took it back since I wanted the black. I can't wait. I am using the Hero2 now. I got it free so you can't beat it. Lighter, smaller, and better functioning. The new one should be good.

I also was going to get a 3, but I guess I will now wait for the 3+. It just makes you wounder what will be next?

just got an email from gopro saying they released it, they said its 20% smaller and 30% longer battery life.

Yay, maybe they will lower the price of the normal version. 

Nah, the vanilla Hero 3 Black and Silver were discontinued.

Edited by motonack

Nah, the vanilla Hero 3 Black and Silver were discontinued.

Those jerks. Guess I'll have to ebay a used one.

Retailers will be discounting them to clear out there stock. Motorcycle Superstore sent me an offer for $70 off a Hero 3 Black a couple weeks ago so that was kind of a sign they would be releasing something new. I'm sure lots of places will have the 3 on sale. I personally think the $70 is enough of a discount to make it worth buying over the 3+ unless you only film for short periods and aren't concerned about battery life.

Those jerks. Guess I'll have to ebay a used one.

Rocky mountain has had the Black on sale for some time now.  249 for the silver, 329 for the black, with a free 4 gig card

well my original gopro is still working fine.  untill it breaks ( which will be never ) ill keep it

I don't have 3, so "30%" increase doesn't mean anything. I guess I could google the specs, but can anyone tell me in minutes/hours what the increase is? 

Edited by Kenpo1

Can't wait for the Hero 3+ it looks like they have fixed a lot of issues that people were having, good Christmas gift!

I have a Hero 3 Black, and I have had no problem with it. I can get 2 batteries + a charger for $25, so I'm not complaining.

The GOPRO name is all hype. Get something better like the Sony Action Cam. Everything is better on the sony, only drawback is the mounting capabilities. 

It is also supposed to be better in low light situations. I want to try it in the night tracks.