Sign in to follow this  

cr 125 troubles!

Hey guys i have a 2004 cr 125 witch i recently blew up. iv heard from alot of people that the rc valve was no good at all. i would like to get rid of it.

i was wondering what year cylinder i have to put on it to eliminate the valve.

and also what else i have to do to it any help would be great thanks!!!!!!!!

You don't have to have the exhaust flap in there.  It can be propped open, but it will be a 3 legged elaphant until it comes into the pipe.

Not sure what you mean by "no good".  If you prop it open or even find a cylinder without one, it would be the same as the one you have once the valve is open and the rpms are up

Is this a bike you just aqquired and aren't used to it, or was it running fine, then one day begin to run poorly?  If you're coming off a 4-stroke, it will feel like there's something wrong comparatively. 

Edited by WALKINGWOUNDED

Iv had the bike for a while I just don't belive in the rc valve just was wondering what year cylinder would fit it without the valves

Not sure, but I think the modern era water cooled cylinder have the exhaust flap.  If you go back far enough to find one without it, it likely won't fit.  Or at least not without a lot of fabrication.

Without an exhaust flap, the bike will be a tortoise until the rpms get high enough for the pipe to produce pulses to help evactuate the cylinder and case.  You'll have to be "on the pipe" all the time for it to be rideable, but it can be done.

I would just ride it for what it is, and maybe look into a 250f or some other bike with more grunt.  125's are a blast to ride wide open.  It will make you a rider because you'll have to learn to corner well to get over all the jumps that are designed for 4-strokes.  I have an 03 CR134R with a Suzuki piston, V-Force and PSI carburetor.    Baaaaaaaaap!

Iv had the bike for a while I just don't belive in the rc valve just was wondering what year cylinder would fit it without the valves

There isn't one.  You could buy a motor off of ebay though, 94-99 would bolt in with little modification, all have a mechanical power valve. Just make sure you get all electronics with the motor, just like with any engine swap.