The Zero Motorcyle

Any one have one? Ride one? Rode one? Test drove one?

Any comments? Any good? Lame?

I almost chucked my soup after seeing the MSRP, but still curious.

Any one have one? Ride one? Rode one? Test drove one?

Any comments? Any good? Lame?

I almost chucked my soup after seeing the MSRP, but still curious.

One day that is maybe what we will be riding glad im 54 and will not be around by then LOL!

I'd ride one. Someday once the battery technology gets better.

One day that is maybe what we will be riding glad im 54 and will not be around by then LOL!

:naughty:   Try one before you say that!  I'm also 54 but I'll try anything once and I'm glad I did.

I got to ride a new Zero as a demo.  I was shocked at how much fun it was.  With the power delivery and the belt drive I was quietly zipping around everywhere.  And I do mean zipping where I could easily get into trouble riding the Zero.  Ultra smooth and quiet.  It was a hoot and I wish I had room for another bike.  This is from a guy that has a ZX14 for a daily driver and a R6 track bike.  

--KT--

:naughty:   Try one before you say that!  I'm also 54 but I'll try anything once and I'm glad I did.

I got to ride a new Zero as a demo.  I was shocked at how much fun it was.  With the power delivery and the belt drive I was quietly zipping around everywhere.  And I do mean zipping where I could easily get into trouble riding the Zero.  Ultra smooth and quiet.  It was a hoot and I wish I had room for another bike.  This is from a guy that has a ZX14 for a daily driver and a R6 track bike.  

--KT--

I know well I had a 2000 ZX12 with Muzzy built 220hp 1400 took to salt flats wanted to get into 200 mph club? I did 215mph bet that Zero cant pull wheelies at 120+  LOL!

--KT--

See your in Fla too where im lake county here is my new toy

1.jpg

--KT--

And your name any connection to Woody Kyle?

Long term I'm pretty pumped on these. I think they could save mx if they become more affordable and are reliable. Finding places to ride keeps getting harder every year, there's 3 or 4 great tracks within 45 min of my city that have got shut down due to noise complaints. Fortunately a local racing organization is keeping them around and can race on them once a year but with this bike they would be able to be open full time again. I will happily trade cool sounding noise (to the rider) for having more places to ride. I really hope this catches on.

My only problem with this is the fact that once you do run out of juice you can't just refil and be off like with gas. And aree they like the electric cars were if you completely drain the battery you'll need to replace it?

It's not for me... Yet.

The zero is the prius of bikes. They suck. I would never drive/ride anything with a motor thats powerd by 300lbs of batteries.

And your name any connection to Woody Kyle?

I remember Woody Kyle from me early motocross career, but no, I'm not related. 

I live in East Orlando and have only barely hit 190 on my ZX with the power commander.  Every time I go out on that Super Ninja I spend every second reminding myself not to enjoy the ride too much so that I won't get a ticket.  Too much traffic around here to let her rip anymore which is why I started going to Jennings GP a couple of times a year. 

I considered a supermoto bike too but they look like just too much of the kind of fun which results in tickets.  

--KT--

I remember Woody Kyle from me early motocross career, but no, I'm not related.

I live in East Orlando and have only barely hit 190 on my ZX with the power commander. Every time I go out on that Super Ninja I spend every second reminding myself not to enjoy the ride too much so that I won't get a ticket. Too much traffic around here to let her rip anymore which is why I started going to Jennings GP a couple of times a year.

I considered a supermoto bike too but they look like just too much of the kind of fun which results in tickets.

--KT--

don't buy a sm if you're worried about tickets.. I got more tickets on my yz426 sm then I have in all my other vehicles combined! I sold it and bought a cbr600, sold it for a r6 sold it and bought a R1. R1s are sweet bikes!

The zero is the prius of bikes. They suck. I would never drive/ride anything with a motor thats powerd by 300lbs of batteries.

You are absolutely right, Prius suck!!!  I swear every one of them are driven like a rolling road block where the the intent is to hold up traffic. 

The Zero I rode was a Streetfighter and on pavement and it was a blast.  I can't imagine an electric dirt bike would be much fun but that Streetfighter made me laugh out loud when I rode it.  It was way faster than I expected and to accelerate like that with no sound was just wild.

I'm not ready to trade in any of my bikes for one but it was still surprisingly quick.

--KT--

My Prius gets 46mph towing my bike to the track at 85

All Ya'll bitches in F150s with less torque are always in my way !

Step aside bitches !!!!!!

Less torque? Even the smallest F150 motor has about three times the torque of a Prius. The Ecoboost has more than four times.

I rode a Zero around a parking lot/mini dirt track. Definately different. More MTB like then dirt bike. Could be fun as hell with a bunch of guys though. Urban chaos!

There is always one guy that's got to be different.  SAthump, You are that guy.  The other 200,000 Prius drivers are trying so hard to get 55 mpg that they don't have any problem driving 15 mile per hour under the speed limit.  I'm also sure I've never seen you on the highway because I have never been passed by a Prius. 

I have on the other hand only barely avoided multi-car pileups caused by drivers trying to dodge around a Prius that appears to be parked on the highway.  Just because the minum speed is 45 mph doesn't mean that it's a safe speed to drive.

--KT-- 

Edited by MXKyle

;-) I disfavor those squish mittens making Prii look bad too!

Fun note A police Capt here town races cars, so after all the cadets finish their driver training and develop "skills" in the squad cars, he pulls out his Prius and makes them try to catch him.

No one can Lol

On topic I want a zeroish bike just for MTB trails or some urban free ride sessions

:naughty:    I'm also 54 but I'll try anything once.

--KT--

I can think of a few things, off the top of my head, that I wouldn't try once.  :jawdrop:

An electric bike beat all the gas bikes at Pikes Peak this year. Electric dirt bikes may come sooner than you think and I would have no problem riding one.