Sign in to follow this  

cleaning frames and swingarms

On my way home from my last ride, my bike got really dirty on the trailer on one side. My swingarm and frame bars have this dirt on it that didnt come off with the powerwasher. The bike is almost brand new. I was thinking of polishing it with polish but i want it to look stock not polished or buffed.

On my way home from my last ride, my bike got really dirty on the trailer on one side. My swingarm and frame bars have this dirt on it that didnt come off with the powerwasher. The bike is almost brand new. I was thinking of polishing it with polish but i want it to look stock not polished or buffed.

simple green and some elbow grease.

Yeah, elbow grease.  My bike was covered with over 15 lbs of mud and clay from last Sunday riding.  The traction was amazing, but I still took a lot of the "traction" home with me.  I spent over an hour in my front yard with a hose sprayer and bucket/sponge, cleaning every nook and cranny I could get into.. and there's still dirt on that dirt bike!!

Latest MXA shows how to clean al frames with an SOS pad. Been doing this for years, best by far and does not harm components like SG and other chemicals do. 

Polishing it will be tough. Once you start you can't stop. The best thing I found is Whesleys Bleach White. It works great. Either that or Simple Green. A rough sponge will make it easier too.

Don't let it dry with mud on it. When you get home wash it right away. If the mud stays on for more than a few hours its always harder to get off