Honda CR 125 Which Year!

Hi.

I don't know which year is my Honda CR 125.

The VIN number is not clear and this is all what I see(It can be wrong): 11MWOLO1-5302256

The number on the engine is : JEO1E-5207110

It has 43mm front fork.

White airbox

White fork plastics(It is just covered with black plastic)

If you have good advice please comment!!

IMG_00000103.jpg

Edited by Rudolph

As I said in your other thread asking the same question.  Based on the plastics, it looks to be a 91 or 92.  Based on the white tank and white airbox, I would say it is a 92.  Get in contact with a dealer and let them help you with your mystery.  

Look at the powervalve, that should tell you.

Look at the powervalve, that should tell you.

The HPP valve from 90-99 are essentially the same so the powervalve will tell you nothing about this bike.

As I said in your other thread asking the same question. Based on the plastics, it looks to be a 91 or 92. Based on the white tank and white airbox, I would say it is a 92. Get in contact with a dealer and let them help you with your mystery.

This is correct, but it's missing a small amount of info. The early 91 is the same as the 90. The mid/late 91-92 are the same thing. I have had to go through this on plenty of cr125's until we figured out why they changed in the same year. But along with what kcdavis said, only the late 91/92 has flat on the tank side rad shrouds.

@BlowinSmoke

I think you are right

The side plastics is exact as the 1992 but the rear fender is replace with a aftermarket fender.And it is not the original seat, it is a Factory Effex 

Edited by Rudolph

Huh? 

The HPP valve from 90-99 are essentially the same so the powervalve will tell you nothing about this bike.

It's already been established that the bike is early 90s so it will help distinguish between the 88-91 generation and the 92-96 generation.

It's already been established that the bike is early 90s so it will help distinguish between the 88-91 generation and the 92-96 generation.

No it won't really help because it's not a 90 or earlier.

No, because the 92-96 HPP valve is essentially identical to the 90-91 hpp valve.  They made some changes in 98-99 to make them seal better and thus if you put that power valve in the earlier models it helps with low end torque.  You won't be able to tell anything by looking at the power valve.

The covers are different

Edit: not only are the covers different, the entire powervalve is. 88-91 has a different engine then 92-96.

Edited by BlowinSmoke

CR 125 expert here: The engine is a 1991.

Most of the plastics are 1992 (Airbox,tank and shrouds, aso the fork is from '92).Only that rear fender looks out of place and from a newer age...But i'd say your bike is a 1992 with a '91 engine.

Go here:

http://www.oem-cycle.com/HONDACR125BIKEID.shtml

JE01E-5200000....is a 1991

Those HPP engines got made from 1990-1999 and are essentially all the same. Cases are always the same from 90-97. In 98/99 they widened the lower transfer ports in the cases and also the HPP valves got a different shape.There is a L-shape which makes for better seal. Also in 98/99 the transmission only has 5s where in all other years it had 6s.

Edited by nino

@nino

I have looked at the website you gave me and the specs of my bike match with it.

I believe the engine is swapped because  two engine brackets have no bolts in it!

And by the way I like your videos on youtube...Your CR looks awes0me!!

My bad, I was thinking of 250s not 125s

YEs the rear fender made the bike look  much bigger and like a 250

Just adding extra info, but Honda used the year before engine in new bikes when they overproduced. It is possible that's what happened to you. Anyway, that year bike is great.

There is a square hole in the bottom side of the airbox,in front of the mud flap.Must there be a hole?I shall try to post a pic.