Sign in to follow this  

How tall do I need to be to ride a cr80?

I'm 5'2 and want to get a cr80. I currently ride a xr80 but it's to small and I want a two stroke. I'm I tall enough to ride a cr80?

Actually you are almost too tall for the bike. My son is 5'4"(almost 13 yoa) and was cramped on his KX85, even after installing bar risers. So, since we are not racing, I bought him a CR125. I trimmed about 2 inches of foam off the seat and he loves it! I know a lot of kids feel much more comfortable on a bike if they can place both feet flat on the ground, but you gotta remember MX bike are tall. Also the only time you should have you feet on the ground is when operating the kill switch and kickstarter! LOL 

I was about the OP's size when I had a CR 80.  I never felt cramped on the bike, but depending on how old you are and your skill level, it can be easy to outgrow the power of the bike.

I was 5'2 100lbs on a cr85 and felt cramped and it only fit me for the summer a couple years ago. Yes you are tall enough but you wouldn't like it after you get any taller. But that's just my opinion I went straight from an 85 to a cr250.

Every situation is different. Physical size, skill level, experience all play a part in the equation. Just noticed you are riding a XR80. A CR85 is gonna be a huge jump in power. Maybe you best choice would be a CR85 bigwheel (19/16 inch wheels vs. 17/14). Same power, but slightly larger. Just look for a good deal, as you will probably outgrow it shortly.