Finally! Plated in SoCal.

Been lurking for a few years now. Been wanting the BRP ever since I seen dust to glory. Happened to see Campbell's bike at fun bike center a few years back. That is when i discovered what the BRP was.

Been sorta looking at them on Clist. And found one setup similar to the X1 bike at a great price a few weeks back. Guy built it for Baja then tucked it away in his garage.bob bell went through the whole bike before was stashed away. Apparently the guy had it plated back in 01' then never registered it again. He turned in the plates,and it dropped out of the DMV system.been jumping through hoops the past 2 weeks to prove it was already registered in ca. Luckily he had the old paper work.i received my plate yesterday. Went and had a set d606's put on it and proceeded to put 70 miles on it yesterday.it had the original Oem tires that were still fairly new. Not a whole lot left to upgrade on this bike but I do plan to scrap the edelcrap carb it came with and install the tm40 mikuni. Look forward to just riding it. Still trying to determine proper gear? My old mx stuff feels odd riding around town.

Welcome to the club buddy, there's no better hobby than dual sporting and being a proud owner of a big bad xr600! I would recommend against the mikuni and go straight for the keihin fcr mx. There is a lot of information on the carb on here. Me and my buddies usually always wear mx pants but the kind that go over out boots. Then we always wear knee pads and a backpack but usually just a t shirt or jacket or sweater. Haven't ever found a serious need for a chest protector. I also own a fly trekker helmet which I love for high speeds. I have goggles hooked up with a quick strap setup so I can put them on the back of the helmet when I just want sunglasses and windshield on the highway. For dual sporting carrying tools is always a good idea so you're gonna want some sort of fender packs to carry em. Be prepared but most of all have fun woohooooo!!

• Like 2

Been lurking for a few years now. Been wanting the BRP ever since I seen dust to glory. Happened to see Campbell's bike at fun bike center a few years back. That is when i discovered what the BRP was.

Been sorta looking at them on Clist. And found one setup similar to the X1 bike at a great price a few weeks back. Guy built it for Baja then tucked it away in his garage.bob bell went through the whole bike before was stashed away. Apparently the guy had it plated back in 01' then never registered it again. He turned in the plates,and it dropped out of the DMV system.been jumping through hoops the past 2 weeks to prove it was already registered in ca. Luckily he had the old paper work.i received my plate yesterday. Went and had a set d606's put on it and proceeded to put 70 miles on it yesterday.it had the original Oem tires that were still fairly new. Not a whole lot left to upgrade on this bike but I do plan to scrap the edelcrap carb it came with and install the tm40 mikuni. Look forward to just riding it. Still trying to determine proper gear? My old mx stuff feels odd riding around town.

PICTURES !!! 

• Like 2

Sorry my first post was pretty crappy. My new ride is the xr650r. Pretty much mint cond. guy bought it thinking he was going to race the Baja back in '01 Dumped a bit o' dough on it then bailed,rode it a few times,laid it down a few times,then put it in his garage....until now! Estimated less than 100 miles total.original chain looks great just dry,original tires are excellent, ( not even dry rotted), all it needed was a good carb cleaning and a fluid change, clutch and stator covers don't have a scratch on them. Pretty stoked

on my new found love.