Sign in to follow this  

Is my airfilter on correctly? (DT1 Users please help)

This is kind of hard to explain but ill do my best. I bought a couple DT1 air filters for my 2012 crf250r. Im not sure if they are fitting properly though. On the Honda airbox there is a flat side and a round side. On the oem and my old twinair filters the round part of the airfilter would be on the left side and the staright on the right side. On the dt1 though it is opposite causing it not to fit properly. 20130922_170421.jpgIf I install the dt1 filter to alighn with the cage then the airfiler seems to be upside down.20130922_170235.jpg

So should I have the filter alighn with the cage and airbox but have the filter to be what appears upside down or have the round part of the filter with the straight part of the cage and flat part of filter with the round part of cage? Or maybe I got send the wrong filter? I know this is confusing but I hope someone understands what im trying to say.

The air filter should align with the cage, ignore the writing on the filter.

If you have any doubts, don't run it, not worth blowing a motor up.

The air filter should align with the cage, ignore the writing on the filter.

If you have any doubts, don't run it, not worth blowing a motor up.

Alright in the 2nd picture it is alighned with the cage but the wrighting was upside down. Also that split that is combined by glue that you can see at the top is upwards instead of being downwards like usual. Thanks