Sign in to follow this  

rear rack, what do you have?

I'm looking to replace the rear bolt on bag on my DRZ with a rack of some type. Wondering what you guys have used and where you got it. Also anyone fabricate something?

Got the Suzuki oem one. Sturdy but the only reason I like is the fact that it has the tool pack built on the side

I was heavily considering the OEM rack. It looks the best, imo. But, the price... I ended up going with the large rack from PMR, for value. It is the same one that ThumperTalk labels as their own in their store. And, it has tons of options in ways to mount junk to it.

IMG_2933_zpseb48729b.jpg

Edited by blakestree
  • Like 1

I have lot's of time and no money so I made mine.

XQN71Nr.jpg

6Z0eR0A.jpg

wqJf2IW.jpg

oadhBdw.jpg

• Like 10

I have lot's of time and no money so I made mine.

XQN71Nr.jpg

6Z0eR0A.jpg

wqJf2IW.jpg

oadhBdw.jpg

You my friend have great skills. Nice design.

Dan

• Like 1

I have the OEM rack but love one o dem Tonns De luxe racks. Thanks for the link. Put it in my favorites list...

• Like 1

I just ordered the Tonns deluxe a bit pricey but IMO the best looking and functional. Should get it tomorrow will let you know how it works out.

• Like 1

I've never seen one of these in person, so what do you do with the side covers? have to pull the rack bolts to get them off?

I have the one from the thumper store. Works well for my laptop bag and cooler and the GF likes the sissy bar.

IMG_0532.JPG

I was heavily considering the OEM rack. It looks the best, imo. But, the price... I ended up going with the large rack from PMR, for value. It is the same one that ThumperTalk labels as their own in their store. And, it has tons of options in ways to mount junk to it.

IMG_2933_zpseb48729b.jpg

That's a Nice Rack

Ebay rack, i got it from a fellow DRZ rider here on TT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

How's the mooseracing pack on the back? I was considering one but wasn't sure how it'd bolt on having 4 bolts.

How's the mooseracing pack on the back? I was considering one but wasn't sure how it'd bolt on having 4 bolts.

Its great,   i used mini bungee cords to secure it,  and the 2 bolts that were on the rack to hold the OEM rear tool pouch,  so its on there. 

• Like 1

I have the one from the thumper store. Works well for my laptop bag and cooler and the GF likes the sissy bar.

IMG_0532.JPG

it would be pretty cool if the bar folded down

Some good ideas here. I like the idea of being able to retain the stock tool pouch, I suppose that's just using longer mounting bolts to whatever rack I get. Some are just huge money for such a simplistic item.

BTW nice work Kioti for making your own, looks factory.