Sign in to follow this  

Rmx450 headlight on rmz 250?

Has anyone done this? Or any headlight on an rmz? This winter I'll be able to ride more then last and with it getting so dark so early I was thinking of getting a headlight Incase I get myself in a sticky situation.

I know ill most likely have to get my stator re wired? Maybe not? I like the look of the rmx450 headlight. I'm hoping I could use it with maybe a brighter bulb? I saw Taylor Robberts 6 day ISDE kxf450 and it's got the klx450 head light on it and it got me thinking of the rmx headlight. I think it would look better then the XR type lights that baja designe got.

Any way if any ones done this before is it pretty simple to do?

Stator re wired

Buy headlight

Plug in

Turn on?

I'm hoping it's that simple but if dirtbikes have taught me anything its that it's never as simple as it seems.....

-Brady.

What year of the bike?

On the fuel injected bike, you have a connector marked "battery" in the schematics. There you have power to connect a light right on. It's placed under the right radiator cover.
On my 2013 RMZ250 I run a Polisport LMX headlight with no problem on stock stator. No need to re wire. Just put a switch on so you can kickstart the bike with the light off. If you have the light turned on, you'll have a harder time to start the bike though the EFI needs power to start. Or you fix that with a small battery. 

It is that simple as it seems...  :thumbsup:

How do you run a switch??

I just mounted it on the side of the headlight on the + wire

I'm not that good with wiring but I imagine its simple.

So any kind of toggle switch will do and just splice it into the positive wire at the light??

Thanks for the help

Get thats awesome! But my rmz is an 08. Do you still think it could be that easy. The rmx light is nice looking but for the price of one I like the polisport light! I found on rmx light for over 200. Crazy hi for me.

I'm not that good with wiring but I imagine its simple.

So any kind of toggle switch will do and just splice it into the positive wire at the light??

Thanks for the help

Yes

And did the light come with the right wiring harness to plug into the battery connector?

No. You have to wire it up yourself. I's a standard H4 socket on the lamp.

I know there is a OEM wire you can order from Suki, but it's pretty expensive for a simple cable..

Get thats awesome! But my rmz is an 08. Do you still think it could be that easy. The rmx light is nice looking but for the price of one I like the polisport light! I found on rmx light for over 200. Crazy hi for me.

Not sure about the 08. But I think not.

I've been told that it's the fuel injected bikes that has more power. You might have to re wire you stator on that bike.. But again, I'm not sure.

Not sure about the 08. But I think not.

I've been told that it's the fuel injected bikes that has more power. You might have to re wire you stator on that bike.. But again, I'm not sure.

see thats what i was afraid of. im sure i could call baja designs and ask around and see if i can no re wire but if i have to the time i get around to it it will be April lol.