Sign in to follow this  

Thoughts about these hid lights?

£70 for a brand new slim 12000k puple tint hid . Slim kit for the drz? Are they hard to wire up and where do i put the extra boxs it comes with?

Does NOT seem like a good deal to me.... And 12000k is a bad idea if you want visible light. The higher the temperature, the less visible light you are going to see. I would say that HID is likely to be dimmer than the factory bulb even.

I have a DDM tuning kit on mine, Running 6000k really as ohioyj said anything above 5000k you start to loose visible light. The install is very easy and the slim ballast tucks behind the headlight nicely.

Yeah i decided to buy a edge tail light not the hid. I like the stock bulb on the drz its good at night and hi beam is better than most cars? Unless uk version has diffrent bulbs god knows

I had HIDs, they were a pain in the ass and not really that much of an improvement to be worth it in my opinion. Plus riding at night sucks balls anyway

I love my HIDs, they are a big improvement even over the "premium" bulbs. I put them in everything now (even my cars).

Yeah i decided to buy a edge tail light not the hid. I like the stock bulb on the drz its good at night and hi beam is better than most cars? Unless uk version has diffrent bulbs god knows

Have you seen the Edge upgrade board from 12 O'clock Labs? Exspensive, but definitely a nice addition. Recent addition to my DRZ actually. The flashing brake light, and turn signals built in is nice, even if it does cost more than the entire tail light.

• Like 1