Sign in to follow this  

2006 crf250r full rebuild

First question what could cause crank/crank bearing failure?

Second does anyone know where to get oem or better parts in canada for a good price (better for lasting long not power

Rinnnnngggging that 250 out 5th or any gear can bust yar crank!

Dirty oil, bearing failure, other parts breaking such as a rod..seals leaking. Bushing wear-You will find bronze shavings is your oil.

Buy from your local dealer, price it out with them.

First question what could cause crank/crank bearing failure?

Second does anyone know where to get oem or better parts in canada for a good price (better for lasting long not power

They just go after a few years in the crf250.  For parts, rebuild the crank with a pro x rod kit at a place like mongoose machine in vancouver, maybe bondi engines?.

order off ebay, bike bandit etc. I dont shop in canada, or at least its very rare i do. ebay is what makes me happy.

If i was you for a total rebuild

hot rods crank

wiseco 13.5 piston

pro x or oem cam chain

I sent my head off my 07 crf250 to www.fastheads.com for the 599$ rebuild with copper vavle seats etc. but there are at least 10 different ways you can go about heads on these bikes. I went with the copper valve seats and Titanium vavles for max power as well as longevity. but I race mx and like to rev pretty high.

If you want a long lasting head but dont need to rev its brains out:

Get the intake seats recut and run stainless steel valve kit from someone like www.bigborethumpers.com  they are even on these forums and go the extra mile to keep customers happy.

All depends on what you are lookin for.