Sign in to follow this  

how do you guys deal with dumb kids at the track? :)

am i the only one who always get taken out IN PRACTICE by some 16 year old kid that thinks hes racing for world championship at a local track? :D seriously time and time again teenagers go around the track bumping into me and my friends and making us crash for no good reason. when we "return the favor" their parents keep tryin to get into fights with us haha were the ones who have to go to work the next day all bruised from crashing and its not like were getting into anyones way. i know there are faster people out there so its better to move over or just hold your line and be predictable so they can go around but even then it still happens. so whats YOUR with dealing with dumbass kids? :)

it just feels bad afterward when you see the kid go over the bars and fly like 20 feet lol it does feel good at the moment tho when youre still pissed off!

PS

not a vet yet haha coming up on 24 y/ here in a few months tho

you live in AZ it's a right to carry state 

that ought to be a deterrent

LOL  I have no idea how to curb your issue   but I bet it's annoying 

maybe get a loud  horn  ha  

Im 25 and last time I was at the track this 17 year old on his 1997 yz250 was trying to bang bars with my me 2014 yz450f. It was my first time at the track with the new bike so I wasn't going all out and the kid got off that he was faster. He bumped into me 2-3 times and then I finally said I've had enough and he wasn't wearing goggles so when he went to get right beside me I hammered it got in front of him and just rooster the piss out of him. He got off for like an hour while I kept breaking in the new 450. When he went back out he passed me , threw his bike down in front of me and whipped his helmet at me... I got pissed and started yelling at the dick head. His dad started to push me so I got back on and rooster them both and left.. The stuck up brats drive me nuts..

Im 25 and last time I was at the track this 17 year old on his 1997 yz250 was trying to bang bars with my me 2014 yz450f. It was my first time at the track with the new bike so I wasn't going all out and the kid got off that he was faster. He bumped into me 2-3 times and then I finally said I've had enough and he wasn't wearing goggles so when he went to get right beside me I hammered it got in front of him and just rooster the piss out of him. He got off for like an hour while I kept breaking in the new 450. When he went back out he passed me , threw his bike down in front of me and whipped his helmet at me... I got pissed and started yelling at the dick head. His dad started to push me so I got back on and rooster them both and left.. The stuck up brats drive me nuts..

show those little faggits what's up!

show those little faggits what's up!

haha I would of just out ran him but it was the first ride with that bike and I can't run her wide open! I can now, as it's broken in and I'm goin this weekend..

Had a kid get in my face about "holding my line" while he was all over the place.  Little twerp blew around me in a corner, so what if he was faster than me.  He came to me while I was sitting on my truck bed and he started yelling at me like I was a kid.  I just kicked him where it hurt and told him to go home to momma. 

Edited by Bob_N.
  • Like 1

i love roosting people like that. especially when they are wearing white clothes. have you tried my-rear-wheel-hits-your-front? works great if you time it right!! i got this kid right before a corner, he went over the bars, face planted the berm and his bike landed on him. he never took me out again after that :D

Hmm

Bike mount ?

LOL

thatd be badass, especially for desert riding haha where about do you live in the valley? im on the west side

i love roosting people like that. especially when they are wearing white clothes. have you tried my-rear-wheel-hits-your-front? works great if you time it right!! i got this kid right before a corner, he went over the bars, face planted the berm and his bike landed on him. he never took me out again after that :D

haha me too! I had to roost a cop once because he was chasing my with a stick for something I didn't do, however this was when I was like 15 lol. You should of seen the guy fall... I was riding a 96. Cr250 r when I did it!

thatd be badass, especially for desert riding haha where about do you live in the valley? im on the west side

I live in Chandler  I have been riding out near Saguaro lake  butcher Jones  sand and trails

I have only had this about 3 months  so still getting used to it 

Im 25 and last time I was at the track this 17 year old on his 1997 yz250 was trying to bang bars with my me 2014 yz450f. It was my first time at the track with the new bike so I wasn't going all out and the kid got off that he was faster. He bumped into me 2-3 times and then I finally said I've had enough and he wasn't wearing goggles so when he went to get right beside me I hammered it got in front of him and just rooster the piss out of him.

Somethin' similar happened to me. 3rd time ever on a track, there was a guy on a 125 that was constantly banging into me/ trying to run me over. I'm sure he didn't realize I was on the 500, but after we came out of a turn and I gave the throttle all it had, he realized it instantly.

Don't be messin' with a guy on a 500. You'll get yer butt roosted. 

Somethin' similar happened to me. 3rd time ever on a track, there was a guy on a 125 that was constantly banging into me/ trying to run me over. I'm sure he didn't realize I was on the 500, but after we came out of a turn and I gave the throttle all it had, he realized it instantly.

Don't be messin' with a guy on a 500. You'll get yer butt roosted.

ohh hell! I lost a bet to my buddy about who'd win aroun a track, 5 laps him on his stock CR500. And me on my latest crf450 all moded. The loses got to put his gear on and stand there as the other rooster him..I only did it because I knew I was faster then him, not bikes but I was the better rider, till I fell on the last corner and couldn't get it started... He flew by and roosted me(I knew I was gonna be hurtning) then when he did his bike was 20 ft away and he only roosted me for a few seconds and I had welts and bruises for months... Lol was a good bet of the bike would of restarted!

If you're too slow to be on the track with faster guys, just wait until they get off before you ride. I mean its not difficult to look at the track before you get your gear on and see if they're out riding. A lot of times, the fast guys will do a few moto's, pack it up and go home anyway. So the key is to learn when they show up and when they leave. Out here, everyone is gone by noon usually, so if you show up after they've gone, then you won't get in their way. 

I know what it feels like to be the quickest guy on the track at any given moment, trying to put in decent laps and it sucks to be hindered by slower riders, taking all sorts of crazy lines. If people are truly bumping into you, then perhaps you need to work on your line choices and be more consistent with them. Stick to your line and if you hear/see a faster guy around you, try to not take the optimal line, let them rail the corner and disappear from sight. 

The biggest danger on a motocross track is the speed differential, whether its racing or practicing. Out here, each facility has beginner, vet and advanced tracks. So people separate themselves by skill set automatically. But you still get a-holes on the beginner track, scrubbing 15 foot jumps, acting like they're the next hot shit. That sorta thing will never end... :(

• Like 1

again people like that make us all look bad. 17 here, i can say alot of the guys i end up riding with are total assmuches but as far as on the track we try to be as respectful to any and everyone.
i know personally it annoys the hell out of me seeing some kid be a shit to someone they should respect.
the few times i have bumped people hard enough to make them crash i at least try to find them and apologize for making them eat it usually bring an extra water or gatorade with me if i really feel bad about it as a good gesture. can never have too many friends in this sport!

• Like 8

If you're too slow to be on the track with faster guys, just wait until they get off before you ride. I mean its not difficult to look at the track before you get your gear on and see if they're out riding. A lot of times, the fast guys will do a few moto's, pack it up and go home anyway. So the key is to learn when they show up and when they leave. Out here, everyone is gone by noon usually, so if you show up after they've gone, then you won't get in their way. 

I know what it feels like to be the quickest guy on the track at any given moment, trying to put in decent laps and it sucks to be hindered by slower riders, taking all sorts of crazy lines. If people are truly bumping into you, then perhaps you need to work on your line choices and be more consistent with them. Stick to your line and if you hear/see a faster guy around you, try to not take the optimal line, let them rail the corner and disappear from sight. 

The biggest danger on a motocross track is the speed differential, whether its racing or practicing. Out here, each facility has beginner, vet and advanced tracks. So people separate themselves by skill set automatically. But you still get a-holes on the beginner track, scrubbing 15 foot jumps, acting like they're the next hot shit. That sorta thing will never end... :(

well im not the slowest dude out there and i pay attention to others for sure. if the track does split practice for slower and faster rides i just try riding the split with the people that are about my skill level. i can definitely ride the full size tracks in the area i live in. heres a video of me riding my old 250f last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qdIHYVFUCM

what im talkin about here is people that go out of their way to take you out and just straight up ride ride they own the place :p

Edited by ironride