First off I want to say that there are some things I probably did that some here will think is ridiculous or unnecessary. I would ask that any comments to the negative be kept to yourself. I did what I did because I wanted to do it. It might be function, it might be vanity, it might be experimentation, it might be just because. Regardless I spent two years getting everything together, and my mechanic has been diligently putting my vision into a functional machine over the past couple of months while I have been recovering from a total knee replacement. So here we go. 1996 Honda XR400. First was the suspension and controls. I have an Applied Racing upper triple clamp with Moose Racing Cross Country bend 1 1/8" bars. Suspension was removed and sent to Works Enduro Rider in New Jersey for a full rebuild with valving, springs and hard anodizing. Galfer wave rotors were installed front and rear. For the body I installed an Aloop tank and seat kit. Also added a little bling in the form of a red anodized case saver and oil drain bolts. Now for the motor. Oh boy did I have fun with this. Knowing that I was going in for a total knee replacement on my RIGHT knee, I wanted to install an electric start to take some of the stress off the old kicking leg. I purchased most of the parts from the TRX400ex off of ebay over the course of about a year and a half. While researching I came up with the bright idea that If I'm going to have to tear this completely apart to do this I might as well "Go BIG or go home". I now have a TRX400ex stroker crank installed with the largest bore available. That makes this bad boy a 460cc stroker with a 10.5:1 piston in it. With that much displacement I went with GT Thunder heavy duty head bolts to keep everything tight and contained. I also installed an EFM auto clutch to harness the power and keep it going to the rear. With this auto clutch the harder you push it the harder its supposed to grab limiting slip to initial engagement where you need it. With that much displacement you need to work over the head to feed the beast. I installed a stage 2 hotcam, a full Kibblewhite valve kit with springs and oversize valves, and had the head ported. Now I need to feed this thing! The solution is the BSR42 carb with the Motion Pro twist throttle kit. To get rid of all that consumed fuel I have a full FMF system with the Powerbomb header and Q4 exhaust can. Converting over to the TRX400ex system, I changed the stator and wiring harness over and installed a Dynatek rev box to just help it along a little bit more. My mechanic custom built a battery box with a mount for the solenoid under the left side number plate. I just brought it home tonight and rode it around my property to get a feel for it. Wow!!This is a totally different machine. I weigh between 240 and 250 and had to excercise a lot of throttle control to keep the front end on the ground and the back end underneath me. Crisp snappy throttle response and a mid range that could pull stumps out. The auto clutch engages nicely, although I will probably play with it as time allows. It does make a funny noise sometimes while engaging, but I'm assured that is normal for this clutch and not to worry about it.. The e-start is incredible. It fires right up and it's only about 45 degrees outside right now. This is going to save me a lot of wear and tear on the new knee. I am so glad to finally have this done. It has been a long time coming. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get some riding in before winter really sets in. I have to go meet with a client right now, so I will leave you to digest this for a while. I will return shortly with a few pictures to post up since I know some will be screaming if I don't.