Is motocross easy?

110% FACT! MX is the 2nd most gruelling common sport in the world after Soccer (Football).

I've done both and I can tell you that MX is way harder. You need to be fitter to race MX than you do to play soccer. I've played Aussie rules, raced Karts etc as well and I've never needed to be fitter than I had to be to race MX.

Some do have a natural talent for the riding side of things and it may come a bit easier than it does for others but they still need to be mega fit to be competitive.

A lot of it is mental also. You need to be confident in your own ability. More easily said than done. At the speeds and heights the pro's are going these days, one second of self doubt or 2nd guessing yourself one time could kill you.

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 2

Oh god here we go. This is beginning to be a youtube comments section. Football vs motocross. Team sports vs extreme sports. I went through this in school. What a waste of time. Do what you want and f@ck everyone else. Do good in math class and you'll be ok.

• Like 4

Oh god here we go. This is beginning to be a youtube comments section. Football vs motocross. Team sports vs extreme sports. I went through this in school. What a waste of time. Do what you want and f@ck everyone else. Do good in math class and you'll be ok.

He just did what he wanted to and posted this thread so if he's to take your advice that'd be a case of  FY ? .

PS. Life's short and school's over rated   ? .

• Like 1

Grades and character matter more. You don't need to persuade anyone. Just say you wish they could ride with you and it's an awesome sport.

Character yes. Grades NO. What. you're only as smart as someone else says you are. BS. Some of the most successful billionaires in the world didn't even get a secondary school education. 

Life experience, Initiative, decent morals and common sense are what's Important in life. none of which you need to go to school for.

• Like 3

Wow, you guys are irresponsible telling this kid school/grades don't matter. College is one thing but you would have a very hard life without a hgh school education. Don't listen to any knucklehead that tells you otherwise.

"Guys" You mean Bloke. Men that like Men say "Guys" :lame:. But yes. It was silly. School doesn't even teach any of the things I mentioned ? .

I did up to grade 5 And I'm betting I've done more and had more than you. You obviously do what other people think is an acceptable way to live your life. I do what I think is acceptable.

As I said. Life is short. Get out of your comfort zone and go live it. Best education you'll ever get.

Parents don't teach Independence these days. They teach dependence. They are worse than schools in most cases. Get out and see the world and experience what life really has to offer ASAP   ?

PS to fineblackline.

If you're happy to spend a large portion of your life at school, being judged by others then more power to you ? . When you die you take nothing but your memories. I want to remember more than being at school for at least 1/4 of my life in the hope of getting a job and then doing the same job, day in and day out for another 1/2 of it. IMO, that's a waste   ? .

I don't want to be judged on my life or as a person based on my education, wealth and my job title. If people do that then they mean nothing to me in which case their opinion Is mute and not worth a grain of salt anyway and in which case I couldn't care less what they think. Again, life's way too short     :lame: .

Edited by AddictedToBling

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Motocross is Fun when done right. Don't ride with your balls. You need to ride with your head. Watching videos of the fast guys make it look easy. These guys do this for a living and ride hundreds of hours a month.

The more you follow good techniques and practice them the faster you will be. I recommend you order some training videos and study them to the T. Gary Semics has the best videos I have seen for learning from the ground up so to speak.