Vegreville mx track

Alberta

I am looking at other tracks to go to around Edmonton, and I heard about vegreville. Has anyone ever been there? If so, is it any good?

I looked on youtube for some updated videos, but the most resent one was from 2010. So that made me think that maybe the track is shut down?

I dunno, but if you have any info about this place, please share.

Oh yeah, and if you have any resent vids, that would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance.

Bump mx park near Morinville is open from 11 till dusk this weekend.

yeah I looked into that, but I live by heisler ,(small town), and that is a long drive just for a an afternoon of riding.

Well, I now looked into Antler Lake, and it is pretty close to me, but I can't find the directions to get there!!!

So, if anyone knows how to get there, then please tell me because I am getting tired of Alix and want to check out some knew tracks.

Thanks

Jordan

Anyone???

I read that antler lake was only open to members of the alberta old timers mx club. Google aotmx there is contact info and application forms.

I've been to Vegreville track and it's alright if you are just starting out. The jumps aren't that big and it's hardly ever groomed. I think you have to have a membership to ride but I'm not sure. (The person I was with had one.)

Antler Lake Track can only be used 4 time per year as part of an agreement with County and local residents. The races are under Alberta Old Timer Motocross so if you're under 25 you can't get a license, unless a family member that's over 30 has a license, then you can race under them. I've never been to that track because of that reason but I heard it's one of the best tracks around. http://www.aotmx.ca/

Another track close to Edmonton is Castrol Raceway. You can only ride there on Tuesday and Thursday nights. It's a more difficult track with bigger jumps. I've raced on it twice for the Western Canadian Women's Nationals...I like it when it's groomed...but if you aren't there for the nationals I don't think they groom it very often.

http://www.castrolraceway.com/index.php?mo=pages&p_id=41

That's about all the places I know around Edmonton. I wish there was another track close by that we could ride all week/week-end long that's groomed, but I don't know of any.

I've been to Vegreville track and it's alright if you are just starting out. The jumps aren't that big and it's hardly ever groomed. I think you have to have a membership to ride but I'm not sure. (The person I was with had one.)

Antler Lake Track can only be used 4 time per year as part of an agreement with County and local residents. The races are under Alberta Old Timer Motocross so if you're under 25 you can't get a license, unless a family member that's over 30 has a license, then you can race under them. I've never been to that track because of that reason but I heard it's one of the best tracks around. http://www.aotmx.ca/

Another track close to Edmonton is Castrol Raceway. You can only ride there on Tuesday and Thursday nights. It's a more difficult track with bigger jumps. I've raced on it twice for the Western Canadian Women's Nationals...I like it when it's groomed...but if you aren't there for the nationals I don't think they groom it very often.

http://www.castrolraceway.com/index.php?mo=pages&p_id=41

That's about all the places I know around Edmonton. I wish there was another track close by that we could ride all week/week-end long that's groomed, but I don't know of any.

So, if i'm not a member, then I can ride on the Antler Lake track, but only four times? I also looked at Castrol and I like it, but Antler Lake looks awesome.

Also, if your lookin for a new track, then check out Alix xtreme raceways, been there 3 times and it's nice.

-Jordan

Edited by HondaGuy14

So, if i'm not a member, then I can ride on the Antler Lake track, but only four times? I also looked at Castrol and I like it, but Antler Lake looks awesome.

Also, if your lookin for a new track, then check out Alix xtreme raceways, been there 3 times and it's nice.

-Jordan

No, the only time that track is used it for races, so they race that track 4 times a year. If your not a member of AOTMX then you can't race. Ya I go to xtreme raceways quite a bit to ride. I didn't like how they changed the track last year but when they add in the old section is really fun!!

No, the only time that track is used it for races, so they race that track 4 times a year. If your not a member of AOTMX then you can't race. Ya I go to xtreme raceways quite a bit to ride. I didn't like how they changed the track last year but when they add in the old section is really fun!!

Oh I see. I love the new additions at Alix, it is a lot more challenging now and there are very different lines. Its awesome IMO.

Table Top Raceway west of RMH.   For information check out http://www.rockymotorcycleclub.com/  .  It is a member only track.  It is open all day, every day unless closed for grooming or races.  They normally have 2 races per year and sometimes have Wednesday night fun motos.  Over night camping is available.  There is a price for individuals or for a family.  THey give you a key and you can go whenever.  I love the track, but I cant compare it to any others because it is the only one I have ever been on.  I know there are guys that come as far as Lloydminister every summer because they love it.  It is run entirely by volunteers and so the grooming isn't always the best.  They are working at that slowly.  They purchased a skidder last summer and are looking at possibly getting more equipment soon.  Club Meetings are the first Tuesday of every month at Gateway Sales and Service in RMH at 7pm starting in Feb.  In the last two years they have added a Pee Wee track and an practice Endurocross track. They also have a facebook page for regular updates.

Also rimbey alberta has a track as well now.  Not sure about their info.

Steven Verduyn