should I buy the Suzuki DRZ 250 or the DRZ 400e

I am a new rider, 40 years old, and plan to ride 95% of the time off road. I have been looking at DRZ 400e, there is a reasonable market in Australia for second hand models however, I can not find a second hand DRZ 250. can anyone tell me why, do people just buy and never sell the 250? 

I understand the 400e is enduro and the 250 is more trail, but while I'm 6f 2, I am concerned the 400 may be to much power for me, at my age I wont be doing any "supermans".

Should I go the 400 or play it safe with the 250????

By the way I have chosen the Suzuki because in Australia everything else is out of my price range, and every thing I have read says the DRZ models are bullit proof

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by merc13

I am a new rider, 40 years old, and plan to ride 95% of the time off road. I have been looking at DRZ 400e, there is a reasonable market in Australia for second hand models however, I can not find a second hand DRZ 250. can anyone tell me why, do people just buy and never sell the 250?

I understand the 400e is enduro and the 250 is more trail, but while I'm 6f 2, I am concerned the 400 may be to much power for me, at my age I wont be doing any "supermans".

Should I go the 400 or play it safe with the 250????

By the way I have chosen the Suzuki because in Australia everything else is out of my price range, and every thing I have read says the DRZ models are bullit proof

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

get the 400

thanks for your response, will I cope with it?

Get the 400 , take it to a place where there is plenty of room , no obstacles or hills .

Ride it nice and easy , no big handful's of throttle .

Just get used to it ... Slowly .