Sign in to follow this  

Why all the bashing?

Maybe someone can help me understand why there is so much bashing of what other people ride.  If it’s not what brand you ride then it’s what kind of engine it has in it. Why put others down for making a choice that does not affect you. I started riding bikes around 67’, but have not experienced this till I joined TT.

• Like 2

I ride a Honda  an notice no bashing !

lol 

who cares what others think about your ride  ?

• Like 1

Because they are aholes. I don't care what you ride as long as it has 2 wheels and it runs. I will comment on how loud some 4 strokes are and how I dislike it, but other than that, I can give a rat's behind what brand or type of bike someone chooses to ride. A couple guys I ride with ride a KDX 200 and a 90's Yamaha WR250. I love when they whip guys on newer bikes. Me included.

• Like 4

its the interwebs. cant take the heat then get out of the boiler kinda deal...

"Bashing" seem to exist as a futile effort to boost self esteem and display jealousy. Often, the "Basher" has fairly limited knowledge and is feebly trying to look kewl by acting as if they know what they are talking about. At first, I thought those threads were an attempt to break down the myths. Turns out they were to perpetuate them.

• Like 6

"Bashing" seem to exist as a futile effort to boost self esteem and display jealousy. Often, the "Basher" has fairly limited knowledge and is feebly trying to look kewl by acting as if they know what they are talking about. At first, I thought those threads were an attempt to break down the myths. Turns out they were to perpetuate them.

You don't know what you're talking about.

:p

• Like 2

its the interwebs. cant take the heat then get out of the boiler kinda deal...

This went right over my head. Would you elaborate?

Maybe someone can help me understand why there is so much bashing of what other people ride.  If it’s not what brand you ride then it’s what kind of engine it has in it. Why put others down for making a choice that does not affect you. I started riding bikes around 67’, but have not experienced this till I joined TT.

Most "bashing" I see revolves around choices that DO affect the person posting. 

For example, I have personally experienced the destruction of single track due to quads. I have personally had friends injured by quad riders who are reckless and take up too much space trying to force themselves down single track. As such, I have expressed my distaste and frustration, or, what you call "bashing", regarding something that DOES IN FACT AFFECT ME. 

Likewise, I have personally experienced a loss in options of two stroke bikes to ride, have experienced land closures due to four stroke sound, track closures due both to four stroke sound and diminished practice and race entries resulting from increased barrier to entry (sport as a whole) due to four stroke cost as well as a host of issues created by the lobbying, politics and dicking with rules and regs done in the name of four strokes. Ergo, I have vented frustration, or what you call "bashing" with the political process and fallout associated with the "four stroke revolution".

What is unique on the internet (and in life in general) is that typically, when a person says "why do you care, if it doesn't affect you" they are saying that only because they do not care or have not learned, how it affects someone else. 

• Like 2

I usually restrict my bashing to the SF area.  And even then, I limit it to quad riders....

:thumbsup:  ;) 

Its called thumpertalk, not pingertalk, whats with all the hate for 4 strokes on a site FOR 4 strokes? Yeah yeah i know they are expensive to fix and "ruined the sport" and apparently get riding areas shut down because they are loud, but seriously, it seems like some people think you may as well throw your bike in the trash if its not a 2 stroke.

• Like 1

Just another example of the poor hating the rich. ;)

• Like 2

I'm not gonna lie I'm a dick head 25. Year old and I absolutely dispose Suzuki and Kawasaki, however I have no problem with others riding them and he'll I'll even suggest you one if it seems to be the right bike for you. Now I joke around with guys a lot when there Ktm, Suzuki, Kawi breaks down about if it was Honda or yamaha you'd still be riding, I'm joking when I do as I'm aware it's all maintenance and how hard there ridden.

As for the 2t and 4t deal it doesn't matter. Whatever bike suits your needs and you like, ride it!

Its called thumpertalk, not pingertalk, whats with all the hate for 4 strokes on a site FOR 4 strokes? Yeah yeah i know they are expensive to fix and "ruined the sport" and apparently get riding areas shut down because they are loud, but seriously, it seems like some people think you may as well throw your bike in the trash if its not a 2 stroke.

also this site isn't for four strokes. It's for dirtbikes.
  • Like 2

also this site isn't for four strokes. It's for dirtbikes.

Then why do they have ATV, snowmobile and street forums on this site if its only for dirt bikes? And i just meant the name implies that it would be primaraly for four strokes, not that its specifically for four strokes with no exceptions.

• Like 1

Then why do they have ATV, snowmobile and street forums on this site if its only for dirt bikes? And i just meant the name implies that it would be primaraly for four strokes, not that its specifically for four strokes with no exceptions.

i didn't say just dirtbikes. It's for whatever you wanna use it for but the primary use is dirtbikes, yea the name implies 4t but at the same time it doesn't. It just implied dirtbikes, quads whatever it is.

It's the new marketing method KTM is using! They get all the H/Y/S/K owners in a freenzy bashing KTM!  Then they all here about all the great things about KTM and it gets them CURIOUS???????????

HMMMM, out sold all H/Y/S/K together, More current world championships in OFF road racing, World recognized racers winning on them, A FULL line of 2/4 stroke dirt bikes, Quality design and components, Current upgrades mostly every year, not a different graphics package or shinny part added for the next year model, they check pricing /availability of parts are not the issues their buddies claim, evaluate true cost of ownership and find out they can usually resale KTM for more money and quicker, break out of their shell and realize its COOL to be different.

OHHH forgot the real issue to selecting a motorcycle, the COLOR!   OMG!!!!!

Other wise we would all be riding Honda 90's still! And I don't see many Model A's on the street today !

Change is good!!!!!                       LOL