Going All In

Committed to buy a new OSSA Explorer 300   I couldn't resist.

Two Year Parts and Labor warranty. Fuel injected. New EZ start system (always starts within first three kicks).

70-75mph bike. I will be going nuts till it arrives.

I thank you guys on this forum for showing me the light on Trials.

Edited by sabortooth

The Ossa comes with 40mm Zokes,

Is it common to have the forks revalved and sprung for the rider as in enduro bikes or are they good to go with just clicker adjustments?

Will I be adjusting the sag on the rear or is there other considerations for the proper ride level and rebound?

Please show us the World Class property.

Will do.

I'm at work in Houston right now so I cant highlight features at the moment, but here is an aerial shot I took a couple of weeks ago. The woods on either side of the clearing that leads to a cliff are full of large angular boulders and wet weather creeks. Last winter was spent clearing deadfall, stopped for the summer and the ticks but am gearing up to start mapping the course soon as cold weather arrives.

At the top of the pic is a 50'cliff wall, every thing below is a wonderland of obstacles and trails.Aerial 013.JPG

I'll get better pics when I get home.

I have heard nothing about a 300 version of the Explorer, just the 280. (I should have mine tomorrow- first 2014 in the country)

You can order them with the Ohlins, but I'm not sure how much more that would be. I would imagine it would give much more adjustability on the rear.

People I've talked to have used the clickers on the front and had acceptable suspension. I guess it depends a lot in your size and type of use.

I'll report in after I get a bit of time on it.

Mark

Well as you know there is only one importer.

I wouldn't mind the 280 but was told to wait for the 300 a couple of containers back.

I look forward to your perceptions.

Edited by sabortooth

I have heard nothing about a 300 version of the Explorer, just the 280. (I should have mine tomorrow- first 2014 in the country)

You can order them with the Ohlins, but I'm not sure how much more that would be. I would imagine it would give much more adjustability on the rear.

People I've talked to have used the clickers on the front and had acceptable suspension. I guess it depends a lot in your size and type of use.

I'll report in after I get a bit of time on it.

Mark

Mark, check out the Factory web site.

Ossa TR300I.

294cc.

Edited by sabortooth

Yes, I knew about the TR (trials) model with a 300, I just have seen nothing about an Explorer with a 300.

Since the engines are the same in both bikes I suppose it could be ordered that way- assuming the 300 has gone throught he EPA.

Mark

The 14 is not street legal and comes with an mso.

All vehicles come with an MSO (manufacturers statement of origin for those that done know).

I'll take it to the dept of lisc and get the title.

Yes, none are street legal, but in WAshington state it is easy to get a dirt bike plated. My 300 XCW is plated and legal.

I'll know more in a couple of hours!

Mark

Edited by lotus54

:thumbsup:

Edited by sabortooth