Sign in to follow this  

why i love Honda's

i love my honda because its so easy to work on. parts are readily availible and can get them pretty cheap. i have friends with other brands that are a bitch to work on. 

That's nice.

But to be fair, you're bike is not a high performance machine. These type bikes (XR's, air cooled trail machine's of any brand) don't generally require maintenance.

No maintenance?!? What?!? The shop manual demands that I change the oil in my XR400 every 600 miles!

Okay.

My yamaha is easy to work on. But since it's a yamaha, I never have to :p

??? Why are you trolling the Honda forums ?   Comments and commenters too dull over in yamaland ?

Xr's were great bikes and all, but I swear some owners are more rabidly in love with their bikes than KTM owners are. :excuseme:

Yes. We are. You say it like its a bad thing....

• Like 2

I love it because its all I know!!! So damn cheap to buy and fix up. Then when you think she's almost %100, she breaks again, and again, and again. You keep goin back cause its "cheap" to fix. :wub:

I will add this, I have had many Honda motorcycles, three were XRs including the 400R I have now. I have never had anything break on any of them. I have only had to do maint and farkles when wanted and they are always a pleasure to work on since they were so well designed. granted I am a dual sport rider not a hard core off road rider so that helps me not break stuff.

But I will say the bikes are super simple to work on when needed or wanted. And all mine have been very reliable. I can really see why people LOVE their XRs when some others with other bikes lust merely like their bikes. I had a 2006 Husqvarna TE610 last for a DS bike and really liked it, but I didn't love it like I do my XR400R even though it was a lot faster and had more tq.

• Like 1