Factory off road yz250

Why doesn't Yamaha make first of all updated 2 strokes?

Then why don't they make a 2 stroke with an off road take to it?

I think it would be so awesome if yamaha could take the yz250 and put an e-start, kick stand, headlight, and as an option add a fww.

KTM is selling the crap outta the off road bikes these days and I don't understand why the other manufactures aren't getting in on the action.

So if anyone has any ideas on why they don't make an off road 2t or what you would want on a factory off road yamaha 2 stroke please chime in!

and put an e-start

On a two-stroke?  Wussification of America...... ?

You really want to know why yamaha and the other jap companies arn't making offroad 2t?  They are scared.  That's it in a nut shell.  You probably weren't around in the late 80's and early 90's and all the lawsuits our gov't filed against them.  The japanese companies got tangled up in them, the European companies did not.  Yes, most involved three wheelers and quads, but it was an experience that shocked the offroad world.  KTM was a very small company then.  Husky was on a downhill slide and several of the other companies didn't even exist.  Then the EPA  began clamping down going after lawn mowers, outboard motors and dirt bikes -as if they pollute half as much as the air that comes out of D.C.!!!!  You throw in the sorry state of the economy and what this current administration is doing to this country and you get a recipe for an economic disaster - worse than 2008!  You throw in land closures and ever changing regs from the BLM and USFS and investing in offroad bikes could be a risky proposition from a business aspect.  The Japanese companies are in survival mode.  They have only so much money to invest in R&D, so they invest it in an area that will not cause waves.  Look at Suzuki, they practically make nothing any more!  Kawasaki used to have a strong offroad program, now....nothing.  Why is that?  The european companies look at it much differently than the japanese.  The Euros are more aggressive for sure, but we will have to wait and see which economic model is better.   Could Yamaha easily bring out another WR model?  Sure, but their decisions are made in Japan, not by people here in the U.S., and their view over there is different than our view.

• Like 1

Why doesn't Yamaha make first of all updated 2 strokes?

Then why don't they make a 2 stroke with an off road take to it?

I think it would be so awesome if yamaha could take the yz250 and put an e-start, kick stand, headlight, and as an option add a fww.

KTM is selling the crap outta the off road bikes these days and I don't understand why the other manufactures aren't getting in on the action.

So if anyone has any ideas on why they don't make an off road 2t or what you would want on a factory off road yamaha 2 stroke please chime in!

If you are so sure that this kind of business model would work, get some funds build a few and sell them. You might be lucky but I doubt that. Most people here seeing new 2 stroke models with all the gadgets they asked for but hardly anyone is buying one. Bickering has becomes some kind of hobby IMO.