Sign in to follow this  

Can someone clear this up for me?

Hey guys. Wondering if someone can clear this up for me, possibly with pictures.. I've got a kx 250 1998 and the plastics are old and faded. I'm looking to replace them. I've been reading about using newer updated plastics but I'm a little unclear.

I know the 07 front fender and front number plate bolt right up with a couple small brackets. No biggie.

The radiator shrouds are what's throwing me off. I've looked up 07 shrouds and there seems to be a whole lot of different ones... What are the best to use on a 98 kx 250 and could someone clearly show me what the different years look like??

Much appreciated.

You will probably get better response in the Kawi 2-stroke sub forum. I don't currently own a kawi, but often when I have put updated shrouds on an older bike, I needed to swap out the gas tank. Just did that on a KTM. 

You will probably get better response in the Kawi 2-stroke sub forum. I don't currently own a kawi, but often when I have put updated shrouds on an older bike, I needed to swap out the gas tank. Just did that on a KTM.

Any chance you could elaborate about what you have done to your KTM, and what year it is? Im looking for a new tank, and wouldnt mind updating it to look fresher at the same time. Thanks.

Bump. I don't think my tank is ganna have to be swapped out. I'm just looking for someone who has pictures of how the plastics have changed over the years on kx two strokes and 4 strokes. Or a link that describes it

Bump. I don't think my tank is ganna have to be swapped out. I'm just looking for someone who has pictures of how the plastics have changed over the years on kx two strokes and 4 strokes. Or a link that describes it

Or you could spend 20 seconds on bikepics.com and see for yourself............
  • Like 1

Google is your friend. We aren't here to do the stuff you're to lazy to do.

Any chance you could elaborate about what you have done to your KTM, and what year it is? Im looking for a new tank, and wouldnt mind updating it to look fresher at the same time. Thanks.

It's an 02 200 EXC. It's one of the bikes my wife rides. She bought it, stripped it down to the frame, powder-coated and is putting it back together. I'm pretty sure she went with a stock 125/200 sx tank and 07+ shrouds. 

I can ask her for sure if it would help, but it looks like you are already on an 07, so it might not be helpful info. 

Just because I'm new to THIS forum doesn't mean I'm new to forums. I don't need to be told to search. But when I search and find the same pic in 1000 different places and 1000 different captions telling me it's this here but that there it gets a little unclear as to what's what.

If you don't wanna participate and answer my questions then save your keyboard. In the time it takes you to tell me to search u probably could have answered. And if u don't know maybe it's best to say nothing.

Most helpful answer was bike pics.com so thanks for that. Everyone else pretty much flooded this thread with manure. Smh

Lock

Thanks for the help mam, im on a 2007 250 XC, they kept the old body style for the XC that year, and changed the SX. I think ill order a 250sx tank if it fits

03-07 KX125/250s, 125s stopped in 05 or 06, shared the same fenders, sidepanels, rad shrouds. The 05-07 KX250 tank is not interchangeable with 03 and 04 250s and 03 - 06 125s. It is specific to the 05-07 250s. In 05 the 250 was changed quite a bit. New engine and chassis but the look stayed the same. The seat interchanges with all models from 03-07 but the 03 seat was slightly shorter. This pertains to the 2 strokes only. Dont know about the KXFs.

• Like 1

I would be happy if I could find a different rear fender for my 05 KX 250.If anyone know's a remedy,please let me know.Sorry G35,I'm not trying to bust your post ,I'm just desperate for a bit longer/wider rear fender. 

Just because I'm new to THIS forum doesn't mean I'm new to forums. I don't need to be told to search. But when I search and find the same pic in 1000 different places and 1000 different captions telling me it's this here but that there it gets a little unclear as to what's what.

If you don't wanna participate and answer my questions then save your keyboard. In the time it takes you to tell me to search u probably could have answered. And if u don't know maybe it's best to say nothing.

Most helpful answer was bike pics.com so thanks for that. Everyone else pretty much flooded this thread with manure. Smh

Lock

Hope you brought your hip waiters and water wings, because I brought the manure, as you so aptly named it.

Just because your new to the forum means nothing. I would have told someone with 2000 post the same &%$#@!ing thing. What do you want some kind of welcome mat? Or special treatment? If you want to feel special I'll get you a helmet and some crayons and you can go play in the corner. 

And if it's too unclear for ya let me help. You shouldn't need me to tell you it's not going to work. It took me 30 seconds on Google to figure it out.  You should have been able to tell that from looking at the pics side by side. Wanna know what the best plastics for a 98 kx250 are? The ones off of a 98 kx250.

There is your answer. Happy now?

If I wanted to hear from an &%$#@! I'd fart. And I don't use crayons I use markers.

Settle down, wipe your feet on my newly aquired new members welcome mat and learn something from this thread.... Or don't. Idrc

I would be happy if I could find a different rear fender for my 05 KX 250.If anyone know's a remedy,please let me know.Sorry G35,I'm not trying to bust your post ,I'm just desperate for a bit longer/wider rear fender.

It's all good. I love the 98 rear fender. I'm guessing here but I think to change side panels or rear fenders you're ganna new to swap out the whole rear subframe and maybe seat too? Maybe someone can confirm.

Ik moose knows but he's just ganna tell us to search. Lol

• Like 1