How Much Top End For 144sx

I'm looking at a used 144sx. If I end up getting it I would put a new top end in it right away. How much would a new top end be for this bike? I've never owned a KTM so just wondering if it's a lot more than the rest.

Thanks

go to motosport.com and do an estimate to buy the parts, you doin the work or takin it a shop?

go to motosport.com and do an estimate to buy the parts, you doin the work or takin it a shop?

A friend and I would do the work.

As suggested go to Motosport or even the TT store and price out the parts.  The only parts you need are the piston kit, wrist pin bearing, and gasket kit assuming everything else is fine.  I would estimate around $150-180 without actually looking.

http://www.cookseycrank.com

$160 shipped. probably the cheapest you'll find. its a complete kit. lots of kits dont include the wrist pin bearing. vertex is the OEM supplier as well. i wouldnt waste my time anywhere else to be honest.

125/144/150/200 kits include:
Vertex double ring Piston Kit Size "B" (piston, rings, pin, clips)  Base gasket (choose  .2mm or .25 or.4 or .5, or .75)
Inner and outer head o-rings, intermediate gasket,
Viton exhaust o-rings, top wrist pin bearing.

125 kit:   $155  ('01 - current)
144/150  $160  (all years)
200 kit:   $173  (all years)

Edited by mynewcr250

http://www.cookseycrank.com

$160 shipped. probably the cheapest you'll find. its a complete kit. lots of kits dont include the wrist pin bearing. vertex is the OEM supplier as well. i wouldnt waste my time anywhere else to be honest.

Yeah I did my 300 top end this year.  The EOM piston and rings with gaskets would have run me about $300+.  Went with Vertex and spent about $180 for everything, shipping included.

+ 2 on Cooksey! Best pricing, best support AND he sells the right parts, not some junk from the internet.