TTR 90 mods help me?

Hi guys, new here. Im sorry if im in the wrong place. I bought my son a used 2006 TTR 90 last year and it runs great. I want to do some mods to it for better performance. I thought I could look around on the web for some performance parts to "plug and play" and realized it may not be that simple. Can someone tell me what parts can I add and if I need additional work to have it run. Ex. I thought I could buy a new exhaust and swap out the old one. I came across a few threads mentioning "rejetting" if putting on a new pipe. :shocked:   (confused). I consider myself to be a youtube mechanic, if I don't know how to fix it I youtube it. As long as I have the tools and its simple enough I can fix it. Thanks in advance for anyone's comments.

Hi guys, new here. Im sorry if im in the wrong place. I bought my son a used 2006 TTR 90 last year and it runs great. I want to do some mods to it for better performance. I thought I could look around on the web for some performance parts to "plug and play" and realized it may not be that simple. Can someone tell me what parts can I add and if I need additional work to have it run. Ex. I thought I could buy a new exhaust and swap out the old one. I came across a few threads mentioning "rejetting" if putting on a new pipe. :shocked:   (confused). I consider myself to be a youtube mechanic, if I don't know how to fix it I youtube it. As long as I have the tools and its simple enough I can fix it. Thanks in advance for anyone's comments.

Here's a link to the old sticky that used to be on here forever regarding TTR90 mods.  I have the TTR110 and have done most of the GYTR mods for that.  It's a fun playbike but remember it will always be, well, a pig with earrings, no matter what you do.  It's heavy!  That said, it's also pretty bombproof.  However, if your boy is really flogging it, or is jumping it more than hitting the trails, you might consider selling it and taking advantage of the myriad of great deals on pre-owned, LIGHT KX65s out there (bikefinds.com is your friend).

Here's the mods link:  http://www.speedfreaks.info/photos/Dirt-Tomas/TTR90mods.pdf    

Thanks Kitcherer! my son is only 7 and he is already bored of the "pig with earrings" feel of the ride. I figure if I can do a little tweeking on the bike, I can hold off on another bike. Thanks again!