Sign in to follow this  

SCORED 2005 KLX

I saw a posting for a 2005 klx for $300.00. Post was 20 minutes old, the guy said his phone had been ringing off the hook first one to his house with the money could have it. So I sent my sister and she made it needs a new top end but otherwise pristine. I almost feel guilty. I think I am going to fix it for a chrstmas gift for the kiddos, but i'm not going to lie I am looking foreward to riding it. Will post pics when I can.

Wow that's a sweet deal. A friend of mine picked up a 155 stroker for $200 because it was down to the bolt in pieces. Put it all together and started first kick, didn't burn oil or anything either!

first thing is an engine cradle. The guy took the bike to the shop and they gave him a list of things they would replace durring the top end rebuild. One of the items was a piston and it is listed as such.

piston-engine L, O/S

Is this a larger than stock piston? If so can I simply place this in the cylinder whithout boring it?

Should I just order a stock sized piston and a new cylinder?

Should I replace the timing chain?

Thanks for any input

i would get the cylinder checked to see if its still in spec.   you might be able to just get away with a new stock size piston and rings .