10/5 Ride! Sunny and 70, lets do this!

Washington

Hey all,

Havent posted up in a while. So not sure how many of you I'd recognize, but who cares, right? Is anyone looking to go riding this saturday morning at Mattawa?

I have a few friends headed to Belfair, but i'm going to be riding a new bike, and unfortunately it didnt come with snorkel and submarine attachment :p

I'd rather :ride:  somewhere where I can actually see the dirt, and have the orange globe out in the sky. Anyway. I leave the BUCKLEY, WA area at 7am. Puts me in Mattawa at  9:40. Ride at 10am?

Regular staging area just over the cattle grate under the power lines. Anyone down?

I'm a middle of the road rider. Not putt puttin along, but I'm no Dakar flogger either. Regular pace for a 31 year old dude :)

I'm headed to Taneum Jct to ride tomorrow and Saturday....then going down to Rimrock for the race on Sunday

hey there slackkinhard! I've never ridden Taneum. Not that I'm opposed too it, I've been told thats tighter riding. I'd rather have open dry spaces for the first time out on the new rig.

Have fun on sunday!!

Wow whole forum and no one besides the 1 private message of folks headed there?

should be AWESOME out there. I'm kinda hankerin for some Mattawa...maybe next weekend.

I'm not sure what to expect at Taneum today. I can see a lot of snow capped mtns out there from here. :)

Supercross here in lewiston, gotta try and make that money

you guys are killin me here.

Plan on hitting Mattawa next Sat as well. Hope to see ya there.

hey there slackkinhard! I've never ridden Taneum. Not that I'm opposed too it, I've been told thats tighter riding. I'd rather have open dry spaces for the first time out on the new rig.

Have fun on sunday!!

Wow whole forum and no one besides the 1 private message of folks headed there?

That is because most are scrambling to get in the last ride or two in the mountain singletrack before the snow rules that out for another 7-8 months.  Mattawa can be ridden any time pretty much.

Joe

Went to Taneum and rode Saturday.  Enough snow up high to remove sight of the trail.  Otherwise, it was really a pretty nice day. Picked our way around the east side for 50 or so miles.

Rimrock was really nice today. Didn't seem like as many folks as other years, but the weather was great.  Hwy 12 wasn't a problem, 6-8 cars go at a time past a 100yd section of road. I didn't do well in that race, lots of fast guys, and that wide open, go as fast as your bike will go on a mud flat stuff isn't really my cup o tea. I'd pass up through the technical rocks, only to get out on the flat and spin. Fun stuff, but my 90% wasted trials tire had issues in those flat corners. 5 laps  call it a day. :ride:

Went to Taneum and rode Saturday.  Enough snow up high to remove sight of the trail.  Otherwise, it was really a pretty nice day. Picked our way around the east side for 50 or so miles.

Was up there Saturday as well. Got turned around by snow a few miles west of Clifty, so we rode lower stuff to the junction. Flatted my trials tire about 4 miles from the truck and got to do a tube change. Weather was perfect and conditions were ideal aside from the snow.