2005-2007 CR250 subframe question

Part number for subframe in 50200-KSR-711 which supersedes 50200-KSR-710. Does anyone know what changed, or what the difference is?

There is a site that breaks down and explains Hondas part numbers, but I'm not sure where the link is at right now. Anyways the first set of numbers is the specific part number which is the same for both. That means that its the exact same piece. The next series of letters and then numbers again differentiate between let's say color options and then the manufacturer that they are getting that part from. So in this case I'm guessing the letters indicate that its the same color or style and the different numbers at the end mean they are now getting it from a different supplier. I may have that backwards, but that's the gist of it I do believe. So to answer your question its the exact same part, but I'm guessing they are simply getting it from a different supplier these days.

There is a site that breaks down and explains Hondas part numbers, but I'm not sure where the link is at right now. Anyways the first set of numbers is the specific part number which is the same for both. That means that its the exact same piece. The next series of letters and then numbers again differentiate between let's say color options and then the manufacturer that they are getting that part from. So in this case I'm guessing the letters indicate that its the same color or style and the different numbers at the end mean they are now getting it from a different supplier. I may have that backwards, but that's the gist of it I do believe. So to answer your question its the exact same part, but I'm guessing they are simply getting it from a different supplier these days.

Thank you sir.  That was just the information that I needed.  I found a 710 on ebay and saved myself about $200 from a new 711.  Hopefully when the part arrives, It will be in good condition like advertised.

Edited by magpie5

02-07 cr250 and 02-07 cr125 subframes interchangenge

While the 125 & 250 subframes are interchangeable, note that there is a difference between the two.  That is the 250 subframe has an additional attach point on the right end for a silencer that the 125 does not have.  My 125 Q silencer uses the fender bolt for that attach point.

• 2 weeks later...