Sign in to follow this  

Bleeder valves - sxf 250 '13

A must have, no. Nice to have, I guess. I have them on my 450. Not sure who makes them but they are from the KTM Power Parts catalog. I don't have the on my 250 yet. I just back off the bleed screw to let the air out.

I'm running the motion pro bleeders on my 13 450sxf. They do the job, less messing around and you'll bleed them more often once you have them.

I use them once I've tied my bike down also to release any pressure.

I've had nothing but problems with the bleeders, they eventually start leaking and they are also hard to install/uninstall. I just unscrew the phillips screw before I ride, it takes a few seconds, no big deal.

I would think you would want the fork at full extension when bleeding off excess pressure K Digitty,  instead of compressed. You don't want to create vacuum situation once you release the tie downs. Love mine.     

I would think you would want the fork at full extension when bleeding off excess pressure K Digitty, instead of compressed. You don't want to create vacuum situation once you release the tie downs. Love mine.

Yeah, I had a similar worry, but I've never had an issue. I bleed them again before I go out any way. It's just a habit to bleed them before each moto now anyway.