HELP DRZ400SM / KLX250SF seat height

Hello, I'm new at this forums, I'm looking forward to buy either a DRZ400SM or a KLX250SF to commute to work. The problem is I'm short (5'2") and I would like to get some advise in how to drop the bike around 4"-5" to feel comfortable when stopping. I would appreciate all your comments.

Hello, I'm new at this forums, I'm looking forward to buy either a DRZ400SM or a KLX250SF to commute to work. The problem is I'm short (5'2") and I would like to get some advise in how to drop the bike around 4"-5" to feel comfortable when stopping. I would appreciate all your comments.

That is a lot to drop a bike.  You will seriously compromise the chassis geometry.  You are better off with something that has a lower seat height like a tw200.  I have seen SM wheel sets for them. 

The 250SF is significantly lower than the DRZ-SM

My wife is inseam-challenged at 5'4"... My DRZ was too tall for her even after dropping preload. I picked up a KLX250SF with Kouba link and she loves it.

If you are are comfortable with tippy-toes on a bike, I would recommend the DRZ; it's just more fun than the KLX.