Sign in to follow this  

Stock seat with IMS 4.0 issues

So I'm having problems getting the front of my stock seat to clip-in....can't seem to get the big plastic tongue to seat under the keeper...the small clip on tank catches but it won't hold for a ride.

Anyone?

Put downward weight on it as you slide it in.

Yea thanks tried that....if I remember there are some rubber pads on the underside....going to try to remove those see if that gives be more downward movement.

I had a helluva time getting my 4.0 and seat on. I removed the rubber "wheels" on the sides and the rubber C on the frame to get the tank on. I then had to put all my weight, with my knee, on the seat to get it just close enough to start the seat bolts. Once I got the bolts going, everything fell in line. I dread the next time I have to remove the seat or tank.

I flattened out the angled portion of the metal clip a bit.  I also had to file out the holes so it would slide down more.

• Like 1

I flattened out the angled portion of the metal clip a bit.  I also had to file out the holes so it would slide down more.

Thanks dabro ...gonna get to it this weekend and take a look at modifying that metal receiver for the tongue.

I hammered it flat on the anvil part of a bench vise then went after the holes with a round file.  Hasn't popped out since I did the holes.  Just flattening it wasn't enough for me.

Got it!  Ended up flattening out top clip on tank...removing rubber grommets from frame bolts and rubber cushions under seat.  Thanks.