Greasing your bike

Ok this is meant more for Gnath,

What exactly is Tracin greasing on your bike? All the listed parts would be a nice help. I have the manual but having the list in front of me if you have one would be a big help rather than searching through that book for all the items and the type of grease.

This is some of the stuff I use and am a firm believer in Super Lube Synth, use it on my steering head and suspension linkage.

IMAG0039.jpg

This winter I plan on checking valve clearance, grease axles, and suspension linkage. 1500 miles on the bike and wishing I would have done some of that sooner. But it was too fun to ride this summer.

I like the Super Lube Synthetic too.  I use it on my trailer axle bearings, and just about everything else.  I purchased a new container of the Mobil 1 Synthetic grease for the bike axles and linkage.  My Super Lube is almost gone, and the auto-parts store that I went to didn't have any Super Lube.  I haven't done my steering head bearings yet, but I bet they need it.  I was waiting to see if I was going to replace my upper triple clamp when I replace my bars, but I will probably order the 305 kit so that I can do it over the winter.  I can always replace the upper triple clamp and bars in the spring since it will be less time consuming.

Edited by dkappelm

Ok this is meant more for Gnath,

What exactly is Tracin greasing on your bike? All the listed parts would be a nice help. I have the manual but having the list in front of me if you have one would be a big help rather than searching through that book for all the items and the type of grease.

well .... if you search youtube for "new bike prep" you will see what they do. 

New bike prep does not mean what they do to a new but rather what they do to keep a bike in new condition. 

In my particular case ....... 

Tracin lubed all my axle bearings and axles ... took my steering stem apart and lubed all the bearings etc... took the rear suspension linkage all apart and lubed all the bearings and also dropped the swing arm and lubed those bearings as well.  

Basically you lube every bearing on the bike. He told me this is the first thing they do to any race bike they get ... before any other mods ... this is what they do to every brand spanking new bike they get. 

He did seem just a little surprised that I even asked him about this as most folks just assume it's good from the factory and do not question this...but in fact ... that is not the case. He told me this should be done to any new bike regardless of make or model. 

I may have even earned some cred points with him for just knowing about this ....  :lol:

oh .... he also told me for my type of riding .... I only need this done every two years ... the race bikes get this done every four races. 

Edited by gnath9