Sign in to follow this  

What are you guys doing to your bikes this winter?

In Southern California, winter is riding season. About the only things I will be doing to my bike besides riding it is changing the oil, air filter and switching between my regular tire and my paddle tire. :ride:

Finishing up the final rebuild on my 38 year old bike.  Got to pull a few pounds off and make it easy to ride for an old man!

• Like 1

Just finished a do it myself front/rear suspension rebuild and re spring....time to ride er....here in nebraska its -7 degrees right now....supposed to be 40 by next sunday....gonna try er out

In MA you're lucky if you can walk in the winter nevermind ride a scoot, probably why there's so many lifted trucks in this dumb nazi state, but I'm doing att regular maintenence, ordering jets, tires, chains, sprockets, new plastics, new gear, tools, new throttle tube, just a bunch of misc. Stuff to get my bike ready for next season! :-) next top end will likely spell a big bore/cylinder head work

Oh come on that's not true. Hodges is open all year for trail riding. We have ice races in Strubridge and J-Day has a winter series. I put my summer bikes in the back of the barn and get the ice bikes out. May add some enduro tires to the Husky and do one of the J-Day events.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sturbridge-Ice-Races/652954604756438 ice races

/http://jdayoffroad.com/ off road

Edited by slideleft

Deciding on selling or not.

Still wanting a street legal dual sport.

Just have not decided which one yet.

Took the week of Christmas off...almost done already.

Clean and grease front end...

5c959c735acc460b5cc67e25d44aad76_zpsb2fd

Then the rest...

bfc4be2d4b3e59979c9d3571f7bb86f4_zpse60a

New 50 tooth rear sprocket, fresh fluid in the brakes, new PC pipe and silencer, new plastic/graphics, and a set of these...

c6f8d1e471d9d5d526587130b3d0e882_zpsab19

Can't wait to get it out for a rip...in 3 months or so...:(

Well, my 350 is pretty much all set up (that is what happens when it doesn't get ridden much throughout the year), just have to install the shorai battery. On the other hand, I'm pretty much doing a hull on up rebuild on a kawasaki js 440. Dropping a 550 jug set-up on it, painting and all that fun stuff. 

Put on the studded tired a couple weeks ago and planning on riding as much as possible. We've had snow to knock down all the brush and really open up the hidden trails. Best riding of the year