Sign in to follow this  

getting an 04 cr125!

On my way to pick up an 04 cr125! Bike has no wear on the frame, cases, pegs, etc. Stock grips and tires basically looks new. It was neglected though so a proper cleaning, greasing, fluid change etc is in order. I am excited to have a 125!

After stopping at the car wash snapped a couple pics got it for 1600. I cant wait to ride it!

CAM00096.jpg

CAM00097.jpg

• Like 1

Im happy with it. Need to fiddle eith the carb some but after draining the fuel putting fresh fuel with castor 927 adjusting the air screw its running pretty well. Think the clip position is a tad rich but its pretty close,

Brakes are fantastic bike wheels super light while riding and everything feels grest so far.

Spent about two hours today going over it ready to hit some trails tomottow. I normally ride mx but am coning off a bad injury and just want to get some seat time

Hi,

it looks really nice,

not sure if they are aftermarket pegs..,

anyway if the plastic + graffix are as good as they look it may be worth boxing them and using the cheap / plain replacements,

( the 100th anniversary graphic'd plastic fit ALL 2004 models)

there WILL be a market for good ones,

anyway hope you had a fun day on the trail Sunday,

Charlie

The trail ride was a success went up in the mountains.  It was rough and technical. All rock . Im talking more rocks than dirt by a landslide. Big rocks little rocks, huge rocks, flat rocks etc. Wasn't what i was expecting but since it was so rough it helped start building my muscles back for riding. Hoping to hit the track this weekend 

First trip with the husky to blue diamond went well, ive ridden my 09 yz250f with suspension work and some bolt ons the last two weeks, the first session on the husky was a bit shocking, I knew 125s are more clutching, and shifting, and revving but i didnt realize just how much more!

All in all it was a blast, not many changes needed at all and ill.feel very at home. The stock front tire needs to go too but nothing drastic.

Once i got more.used.to it though it started making sense and did all the jumps just as i would on the yz. I came off the track one time literally said out loud holy smokes or god darn or something like that Just because seriously just hammering the clutch and grabbing gears while twisting the grip off the bars. Its a blast, i need to do a few things to the husky to make it more to suit me, wider pegs, probably get a stock yz set there pretty huge and i like them, softer grips, and suspension work. Im 200 lbs and ride moto so its obviously soft. The engine can use more power but honestly at the same time it doesnt. The whole point of this bike is to make be a better rider not build.a fire breather.

Congrats. Very clean looking bike. I normally tell people to enjoy but it sounds like you have that covered. They are a blast.

Oh absolutely! It was fun railing the turns grabbing gears and working.my way past other people, granted i wasnt setting the world on fire but i was getting around a few people. Still need to get back up to speed myself its been a long layoff from riding.

The most awesome trait that i noticed about the cr was how easy i could change lines. I could be pushing hard headed for the outside of a corner, amd nearly at the last second crank it over and dive for the inside line , or even halfway through the corner i could just blast across all the lines from outside to inside pinned the whole way.

I was surprised at the level of traction from the rear and lack of want to wheelie even while hammering the clutch and throttle . I was full throttle through exits and ruts an all and it would basically just stay in line. When the rear did step out it was never hairy, never even lifted honestly. Nothing like a 250 2 stroke or even my 250f honestly.

I was surprised at the level of traction from the rear and lack of want to wheelie even while hammering the clutch and throttle . I was full throttle through exits and ruts an all and it would basically just stay in line. When the rear did step out it was never hairy, never even lifted honestly. Nothing like a 250 2 stroke or even my 250f honestly.

125s are pretty sensitive to body position due to the shorter wheelbase and smaller engine. Since you're 200 lbs, body position will make more of a difference.

A 125 is fun because you have to be exaggerated with every movement. What you put into a 125 is what you'll get out of a 125. Want to wheelie, sit back and slightly tug on the bars. Want to rip out of a turn? Spin your wrist and be light with the clutch/ quick with the left foot.

I'd see if I could track down a 150 kit for your bike. Or even get it bored to 165, which would be great for your size. Check out cafehusky.com. The 165 builder is on there (Wallybean) and a ton of reviews. I have a 150 kit on my 2012 CR. It makes a difference in power compared to the 125, definitely in the mid range. Not too drastic but noticeable for sure.

Glad you're enjoying the new machine!

Im gonna hit the gym hard all winter and see if i can't lose some weight. If i got down to 180 im sure that would help alot in every aspectof riding, less weight for the bike to push, stop, steer etc, and less.weight for me to control and fight the effects of while pushing on the track. Ive already been after it for a few weeks but we'll see. I cant see getting below 180 honestly with my build but 20 pounds is worth a few hp im.sure

Im gonna hit the gym hard all winter and see if i can't lose some weight. If i got down to 180 im sure that would help alot in every aspectof riding, less weight for the bike to push, stop, steer etc, and less.weight for me to control and fight the effects of while pushing on the track. Ive already been after it for a few weeks but we'll see. I cant see getting below 180 honestly with my build but 20 pounds is worth a few hp im.sure

I bet your fitness level will reap more benefits than the weight loss, both are good though! Take some lap times of yourself this fall, record the conditions you rode in, then Experiment next spring by comparing lap times while wearing a weighted vest equal to the weight you lost. Same weight, different lap times. I bet you'll be way faster by just being in shape. I know that's my biggest obstacle.

Oh for sure ive been in and out of shape and its a gigantic difference, being able to push hard with proper form is like impossible for more than 2 laps out of shape haha if you get out of shape in a corner and have to wrestle it in line while pushing that's it im done when im out of shape. In shape though hardly even notice things like that.

I love the gym and being in shape just right now with school and working 5 12s a week i cant keep up.

Oh for sure ive been in and out of shape and its a gigantic difference, being able to push hard with proper form is like impossible for more than 2 laps out of shape haha if you get out of shape in a corner and have to wrestle it in line while pushing that's it im done when im out of shape. In shape though hardly even notice things like that.

I love the gym and being in shape just right now with school and working 5 12s a week i cant keep up.

Haha I know exactly how you feel. I have been struggling to get to the gym too. I actually took a few years off riding, I was in really good shape when I was not riding, I'd love to see what it feels like to rip around a track for more than 2 minutes before I get tired lol.