New 201? CR250

So I saw a picture in a magazine of a brand new Honda 2stroke with direct injection. Does anyone know anything about this or when it might be released? All I can say is the thing looked pretty sick!

What magazine were you reading?  Are you sure it was a "Honda" and not someone's creation?

I heard the same rumor an possible release in the next couple years, also rumors ktm has had one in there closet for the past couple years

The "photo" is in a recent edition of Dirt Rider.

Close observation reveals a case reed engine mounted into the new style 4 stroke chassis with the new style CRF plastics and seat, and possibly a headlight integrated into the front numberplate. It may be photoshop, but does look very very nice.

It is definitely NOT a high pressure direct injection engine as evidenced by the clearly visible conventional design cylinder head and case reed block casting. The engine appears to be externally identical to the '02-'07 design.

god damnit people. that a SERVICE honda. they are not honda. its a company making "custom" cr's. taking the two smoker engines and sticking it into new 4 stroke frames.

god damnit people. that a SERVICE honda. they are not honda. its a company making "custom" cr's. taking the two smoker engines and sticking it into new 4 stroke frames.

And if Honda would offer that at a price competitive with current 250 2t's, I'd be thrilled. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt Honda will offer the CR anytime soon if ever.

. that a SERVICE honda..

Possibly. But, Service Honda typically does not use the case reed engine in their builds.

APBT, ya you are correct, that is not a direct injected motor. I should have said that's just what the rumor article suggested it might have.

The "photo" is in a recent edition of Dirt Rider.

Close observation reveals a case reed engine mounted into the new style 4 stroke chassis with the new style CRF plastics and seat, and possibly a headlight integrated into the front numberplate. It may be photoshop, but does look very very nice.

It is definitely NOT a high pressure direct injection engine as evidenced by the clearly visible conventional design cylinder head and case reed block casting. The engine appears to be externally identical to the '02-'07 design.

Here is a link to the text of the editorial.