2011 Gas Gas EC250

Looking at a used gas gas ,I know it has been well maintained but I know little about these bikes.

Is there anything I should know about them?

What are the maintenance intervals like?

I have a 2013 300 and love it!! In the weight category they are on the upper end of the scale of 2 strokes. A lot of crossover parts with the Japanese. The Gassers are great bikes. Everything you want to know .http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php

If you can get it way cheap go for it. My 011 is my fifth gas gas and  by far the worst! Yesterday the shift shaft broke, stuck in first for 20 k. Before that at three rides old the kickstarter broke, the foot peg broke after that as did the lower fork pinch bolt broke, the seat broke while trying to lift the bike  via the tiny made for dwarves hand holds. The bike works as good as anything out there but unless you can get it cheap there are better choices.

Don't find these bikes need much really.keep the oil and air filter clean and they last very well. As with all dirtbikes keep clean grease in the bushings etc.

like some others I'm a gasgas addict.have a 2011 Cervantes and wouldn't trade it at this point for a newer model. Rock solid handling ,premium parts ,excellent machine

Im with Bear, our friends is turning out to be a POS, everything is falling apart, rear brake lever is worn right out, as is the kickstarter......

Hmmm... and I was just thinking the 11' was one of the better years?. I never heard of those problems before with any of my friends that have gasgas. 

Im with Bear, our friends is turning out to be a POS, everything is falling apart, rear brake lever is worn right out, as is the kickstarter......

I even added zerk fittings to  the kickstarter and brake pedal  when new and they still wore out in no time at all. Hate to say it but  in all honestly  quality  is on par or worse than those early nineties suzukis and kawasakis that I used to ride.

Edited by widebear

I even added zerk fittings to  the kickstarter and brake pedal  when new and they still wore out in no time at all. Hate to say it but  in all honestly  quality  is on par or worse than those early nineties suzukis and kawasakis that I used to ride.

My 07' ran like a raped ape. But, im with widebear. Those are the two parts that wore out. Easy fix, replace kicker with a late model yz250. Also replace bushing brake pedal with one from checkpoint off-road, problems solved. My 97' still has the original kicker, brake pedal, and shifter.......go figure?

I have heard on one other shifter shaft coming apart, it didn't break but some welds came apart on the clutch side of the shaft that attached the scorpion.

Luckily Ive got an extra shift shaft here. ;Im going to put it in as soon as I can achieve today what took humanity  two million years to do, walk upright!  Killer ride yesterday as in,  
 570 just about killed me.

, the seat broke while trying to lift the bike  via the tiny made for dwarves hand holds.

Those aren't hand  hold, they are air vents.

Edited by Home Skillet

To funny. Your prob right. I must of missed that memo.

Those aren't hand  hold, they are air vents.

So wheres your other hand?  Between two pillows! Those aren't pillows!!!  

Yes they are vents. The hand holds are molded into the underside of the rear fender. I remember yelling at my wife for picking up her bike that way and watching the seat base bend and almost break.