Sign in to follow this  

DROWNING YOUR BIKE LIKE A BOSS

That bike must like the water. At the moment it got out it wanted to go back in :lol:.   That was really cool though, almost made it. Are you and the bike okay?

Edited by CRFRIDER1998

Looking back it was hilarious, but I was none too pleased at that moment.  It was February on the Oregon coast and the sun was going down fast.  We drug the bike out and hid it best we could before recovering it the next day... and getting my buddies truck stuck.

It was about 3ft under water.  And, I shit you not, the sides of that pond were quicksand, so we had to hustle before the sand overtook the tires and sucked it in.

That water was COLD!

GOPR2876_zps9577b351.jpg

Edited by Pincushion
  • Like 7

Looking back it was hilarious, but I was none too pleased at that moment.  It was February on the Oregon coast and the sun was going down fast.  We drug the bike out and hid it best we could before recovering it the next day... and getting my buddies truck stuck.

It was about 3ft under water.  And, I shit you not, the sides of that pond were quicksand, so we had to hustle before the sand overtook the tires and sucked it in.

That water was COLD!

GOPR2876_zps9577b351.jpg

I don't see any tracks leading into the water. Did it rain like crazy before you recovered it or did you jump it into the pond?

Hows the bike now? They often make lousy submarines.. :cool:

I almost (missed by about 4 inches) slipped into what I first thought was a wide puddle. For some reason, I took a long dead limb from beside the trail, and found that all six feet of the limb would go into the "puddle" with no bottom found. That would have been fun.  No cell coverage and only one associate at the time. 

Good you made it out with no injuries and at least the bike came home (or I'm guessing it did, anyway)

Now you have a winter project.

Edited by Yamaguy55

That had me laughing pretty good. I did not skip, but enjoyed watching the full video.I can only imagine the unexpected "WTF" moment as it happened. Everything did look pretty good until then though. How about a follow up though?

The bike is fine now, but I went through it top to bottom after the incident.  The only thing I was truly worried about was the electronics, but they were fine.

I got home from that trip and immediatly stripped her down.  Motor, suspension...everything.

IMG_0583_zpsfc7adcd4.jpg

IMG_0584_zps545c2af1.jpg

So,...after getting it out of the drink and draining it we tried to get it running, but no luck.  My one buddy rode back to get his truck, but after 20 mins of sitting there freezing, and with the sun almost gone, it was decided i better ditch the bike and ride 2 up with my buddy on his CRF450.  It's not easy riding 2 up in the sand, especially when my boots weigh 20lbs each and I cant keep them from dragging.  We got it to the road and hauled ass back to camp with my steel toe clips sparking everytime they hit the road.

I just watched the vid myself and its pretty damn funny.  I goon around for a few minutes and then ride straight into the deepest body of water I could find.....like a total dumbass.

I do love the splashing sound as I faceplant!

Edited by Pincushion